All reviewslake crossingchillihuge fireplacespectacular viewsrooms are spaciousgreat place to staysnow capped mountainsmotor coachrestaurant menucustomspatagonia
Reviewed 4 May 2018

We stopped overnight on our Andes crossing. Well, all the other people had lunch at the hotel (expensive) climbed onto the crossing bus and carried on. We stayed. We wish we hadn’t. Big hotel, six guests total! Obviously they knew something we didn’t. Hint - if you are doing the Andes crossing, it can be done in one day, a long day, but comfortable enough.
There is no other choice to stay, this place would have been wonderful in it’s day, but that day has got up and gone.
Where do I start? The room was large and the bed was OK. There was one tiny wee soap supplied, and no other amenities whatsoever. Oops, I forgot. There was a branch of dead holly in a vase on the table. Towels of course - small and scrappy. Dusty and worn furniture, paint peeling, everything old and worn out.
Dinner not served till 8pm, and expensive. Quality just acceptable. Others have mentioned Manuel from Fawlty ATowers. Yep, he’s still there, seems to like talking to himself.
They did keep the hotel warm-ish with a big log fire.
Wi-fi worked at times and not others, seemed to depend on whether someone was in the office.
Breakfast was a joke. Very basic continental breakfast.
All of this is rather sad actually, the hotel probably survives on lunches for those passing through, and the place is gradually going down and down
Our toilet blocked up, so I thought I would use the one in the lobby. Except there was no seat on it. Go figure...
In the morning we boarded the bus to carry on, and we were the only ones on board (apart from the driver, guide, and luggage handler), and enjoyed a wonderful clear day with blue skies. Fantastic. Oh, except that we got a couple of kms up the road and the bus broke down. Right by one of the optional “excursions” offered, which is a farm visit. So while several guys were under the bus fixing the fuel line, we got a free visit to this farm. A few hairy goats, an emu, and um, not much else. Anyway, we got underway and left Peulla and Hotel Natura behind, never to be forgotten, For all the wrong reasons.
Avoid if you can!

Room Tip: Don’t get a room, carry on past!
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We were very pleasantly surprised by how modern this hotel is. It seems to be out in the middle o0f the Andes, which it is, but the most peaceful and relaxing of places. We had been traveling for 10 days and simply wanted a place to slow down for a day or two. We sure found it here. Great food, quiet, internet works only in the lobby, really worth the stay.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We had a 2 1/2 hour stop over here on our trip through the Andes. It’s the only place around, so no choice I’m afraid. We were advised by our tour guide the previous day to bring a packed lunch with us as we could use the facilities at this hotel and as long as we bought drinks they were more than happy for us to eat our own food. Wrong. There was an elderly gentleman there, not sure in what capacity, but he was so rude to us and ordered us to leave immediately. Now I may be doing them a disservice, as I know hotels in this country would frown upon anyone doing this. But our tour guide said it was all prearranged and he had taken guests there on many occasions. The big problem was though, there was nowhere else to go, so we sat on the wall outside the hotel to eat our sandwiches and wait for the coach. To make matters worse, swarms of large flying beetles were everywhere, even inside the hotel, and they a mosquito like sting. Definitely the only low point of our holiday. So if this happens to you, just put it behind you enjoy the rest of your trip, as we did.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Not only is the hotel the only game in town, it is the town. Peulla is a comfortable, quiet retreat providing a break in the 12 hour journey across the Andes from Argentina to the Chilean coast. The rooms are spacious, airy, and lighted by the large windows overlooking the fabulous view of the merging Negros and Peulla rivers and snow capped mountains and volcanoes. The restaurant is well equipped to serve the eastbound and westbound travellers as well as those who have come for a quiet time in the mountains The food is good and the staff very accommodating. You can unwind along the many foot paths in the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night as a means of breaking up the Andean Lake Crossing trip rather than having a 12 hour plus day. We made a mistake! The large hotel has been quite something in it’s day, however it’s day was a very, very long time ago. There is an obvious lack of R&M over the years with the property starting to be in very poor order. Other than structural, there were cobwebs everywhere (inside and out), the windows were very dirty, paint inside on the walls and ceiling was peeling quite badly. Our experience didn’t start well. We were given rooms on the 5th floor but were then informed the lift didn’t work. I found out later that the lift hadn’t actually broken down, they don’t have enough electricity to operate it!! We settled into our room and then went to have lunch. This hotel is the lunch stop for people doing the trip in one day and day trippers going from Puerto Varas and back again. There was no space in the restaurant. We had to wait an hour and a half. I would have thought they would have reserved space for house guests, but no. I did notice 5 tables in the restaurant were reserved yet for the whole of the time we waited the tables were not used. After all the day trippers left, we decided to have a drink. Each time to get a drink I had to go searching for a waiter, twice in the kitchen. We were reminded of Fawlty Towers, not only due to the comedic way the place is presented and run, but also there is a waiter that is a dead ringer for Manuel, not only in looks but in demeanour. The food is your typical bland, bulk tourist, get em in and get em out fare. In the evening we tried to call reception to get a roll of toilet paper. After calling 3 times there was still no answer. We gave up, not having the energy left to go down to reception. My Fitbit at that time told me I had traversed 48 floors to date that day going up and down the stairs. Breakfast broke new ground for us; a new low! To say basic is a huge understatement but we had to struggle through just to get some calories. I momentarily looked at the “scrambled eggs” and closed the lid as my stomach started to churn. The material I say had never seen the inside of a chicken. While they did appear to have a coffee machine, the coffee offering was instant. I can only assume there is not enough electricity to run that too.
We made a huge mistake staying at this hotel; it is a dump, but as if to add insult to injury, lunch, dinner and drinks were around twice the price we had been paying at other hotels we have been staying at (we were prepaid so I didn’t know the room rate). Two days later we are laughing at the whole farcical, comedic experience.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple