“Just where you want to be!”

La Table 2 de Julien
Price range: US$31 - US$47
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ambiance bistrot chic pour l'équipe de Julien Lavandet. Un menu, qui s'articule chaque semaine autour de 3 nouvelles propositions (choix entre 3 entrées, 3 plats et 3 desserts). Des produits frais, locaux, du tout fait maison avec passion et créativité! Déjeuner:26€/ Dîner: 29€.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Absolutely spot-on cooking, charming service (you can see, they're enjoying what they're doing!) and you will feel like you've just come to the right place. Uncomplicated and clever. Buzzing. Worth the drive to this little town (5 min from Uzès). Local ingredients and wine list. Who is Julien? He's right there, he'll pour you a glass.
Whether proper foodie or just someone who seeks comfort food - this is for both! You'll have a good, casual time guaranteed. Make sure you book, it's always full.

3  Thank Superdupertravel
There are newer reviews for La Table 2 de Julien

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We must have been to Table 2 de Julien 8-10 times in the last 2 years, both in St Maximin and Montaren and we have never been disappointed - something very unusual for a restaurant.
Julian and Jennifer, the owners have been careful to select knowledgeable waiting staff who are on the ball.
Summer is very busy here and we have been 3 times this summer, all at busy times for them. They didn't miss a beat. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Airportroamer
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We got lucky in getting a table at this restaurant last minute, reservations in advance is definitely recommended.
The atmosphere indoors is relaxed and the back garden was a dream when we went. It seemed to be a place for the well to do locals although there were a few tourists there including ourselves.

The service is top knotch especially for people who don't speak French. One of the servers who spoke english (I think her name was Sonia, short hair) was incredibly polite and was willing to go above and beyond to make sure we were accommodated and we understood the menu.

The kitchen adds in a couple of beautifully made and decorated extra courses into your experience at no cost which really adds to the experience. Overall the food was beautiful and one could tell the chef/owner really thinks and designs the plates with passion. The taste was also fantastic. Menu was completely local, one of the better restaurants we dined at during our two week stay.

If you are in the area I would strongly recommend spending a few extra dollars on this place.

1  Thank Dan F
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Wonderful service and wonderful food, but you will have to book ahead. What could be more lovely than sitting out on a summer's evening with a glass of chilled rose and a meal prepared with fantastic, fresh ingredients! Highly recommend for a special evening.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The food preparation at this restaurant is so good, it's hard to believe it's not a Michelin 1 star. This restaurant was recommended by friends who spend most of the year in Uzes so we asked them to make reservations for us before we left the US. Four of us dined here for dinner a few days after we arrived and it was so good my wife and I made reservations as we left for another dinner. Both dinners were superb, but I'll dwell on last nights as its fresh in my memory. First, the menu has about 3-4 starters, a like number of entrees and perhaps 6 dessert choices. We both started with a dish of green and yellow diced zucchini,with a light lemon and basil oil dressing, and about 4 thin slices of air dried beef from the Camargue. It was perfect. I had the fillet of bar (bass) served over thinly sliced vegetables, which were, I think, stir fried using basil oil. The fish was cooked perfectly and like the starter, I could had made an entire meal of the vegetables. My wife had the pintade (guinea hen, de-boned) which was serviced with mushrooms and grapes. Fortunately my wife was unable to finish all the hen, so I helped out. It was moist and tender. We opted to share a dessert and it was, quite simply, a work of art. I wish I had brought my phone to take a photo. It was extraordinary. 2.5 hours later, we departed. A truly exceptional dinner. Service was excellent. The wine list was small but it covered everything one would need.

2  Thank jimfromjackson