We stayed at the Fattoria Belvedere in September 2011. The resort was recommended by our travel agent. We had a standard room that was spacious and nicely furnished, and big windows with a view of the countryside. The room had a cathedral style ceiling with wood beams. Some rooms had patio doors with an outside table and chairs, and others room had a private balcony. Ours did not, but we were happy up on the second level with a view. The resort is on a hilltop, on route SR68, just outside the little town of Casino di Terra, which is a short drive from Volterra. Within walking distance of the resort are a restaurant, a pizzeria and a hair salon. Our package included breakfast and dinner (called the halfboard). The breakfast was buffet style, and similar to other hotels we stayed at in Italy. It had the usual fare, plus fried and boiled eggs. The dinner included a buffet of appetizers (excellent array of vegetables, meat, cheeses, etc.), followed by a first course pasta (choice of two each night) and a second course meat or fish (choice of three each night) followed by dessert at the buffet (a different cake each night, plus fresh fruit, cheese and 6 flavors of gelato). The house wine was good and inexpensive. There was bar service at dinner. The Fattoria has a huge resort-style swimming pool with a bar. Nice views from the pool area. The lobby and common areas have free WI-FI. The hotel staff were great. The hotel director (Mario) helped us plan day trips. We drove to Pisa, Volterra, San Gimignano, and several other towns. These towns were absolutely beautiful to see. The resort makes a good base for exploring Tuscany. I would definitely recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-Star Hotel Fattoria Belvedere is situated on the top of a hill at Casino di Terra, in the southern part of the Province of Pisa, bordering with the Province of Livorno, in central Tuscany.In fact, from Fattoria Belvedere it is possible to reach the near Volterra, San Gimignano, Pisa or the beautiful beaches of the so called Costa degli Etruschi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fattoria Hotel Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattoria Belvedere Hotel Casino Di Terra
- Fattoria Hotel Belvedere Italy/Casino Di Terra, Province Of Pisa