With a plethora of activities, spacious dorms and cottages, lively bar, quality food and picture perfect serene beach location, Buccs is the best Hostel in South Africa. We stayed a few days and loved the beach, surf school and horseback rides. Great Hostel atmosphere, very social, but can also be quiet and romantic because the grounds are nice and spread out. If you have your own car, its only 15 min off the N2.....otherwise Baz Bus drops you right off. You are definitely isolated at Chintsa and the only real food available is at Buccs but luckily the food is good and the company is even better!
Downside: Road in to Buccs needs to be redone, I was worried at times I might pop a tire. Also, time to think about renovating some of the cottages....they are great but a renovation may be due soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buccaneers, set in beautiful indigenous gardens with magnificent views of the Cintsa Bay and lagoon, has been a haven for travelers for the last 17 years. With its great location and wide range of accommodation offering from camping to en-suite rooms and facilities like a swimming pool, free canoes, volleyball court & (of course) the beach right on its doorstep. Buccaneers has been Fair Trade certified and is intricately involved in local community projects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneers Lodge And Backpackers
- Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers Hotel Cintsa