Wemyss Hotel
US$88
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Edinburgh Musselburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$96
Travelodge
Best Western Kings Manor Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$87
US$89
Ducks Inn(Aberlady)
US$202
Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$91
Hotels.com
Melville Castle(Dalkeith)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Had lunch here on Thursday it's a gem of a place to eat home made food and even the cook cooked use something that's was not on the menu on that day, the presentation was lovely the food filled the plate (BIG PORTION) the waitress who served us was very helpful and cheery I was book in for Xmas Dinner family emergency is taking me north and I will be missing what promisers to be a great day for all.This Restaurant/hotel is a must to visit we will certainly be back well done Wemyss hotel and staff

Room Tip: It's worth booking in advance just so you know you will be eating that day.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My friend and I were staying near by at the caravan park and dropped in here for dinner food was lovely great value for the money, and staff very kind and friendly, had a great night in the bar next door thank you from Helen and Christine...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Had lunch here today, very impressed on its recent upgrade.. Staff very pleasant, professional and extremely helpfull! Food was served quickly and delicious, lots of it aswell... Thank you, Callum and Susan.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Clad19
Reviewed 10 July 2012

had lunch here yesterday it was a gem of a place to eat homemade food right down to the kids chicken nuggats the chef breaded his own the prescentation was lovely the waitress who served us was very helpful and cheery this hotel is a must to visit we will certainly be back well done wemyss hotel and staff

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank fiona r
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

We booked a weekend break at the nearby caravan park and decided to try this place for some food before we checked in to our accommodation.
On arrival we were greeted by a pleasant young woman and shown to a big table in the restaurant.right away we had drink orders taken,and given a high chair for the baby.the high chair was spotlessly clean,matching the decor and carpet,and alongside this,the place was warm and cosy,all good so far!
The lunch menu served til 6 had a variety of starters and mains at great prices.
There was a fantastic kids menu and also a specials available and the options of light bites(smaller portions of the main meals)
We chose our meals and in no time,our starters were served.
My partner chose the jalapeño poppers,and my mother and I chose the garlic mushrooms.
We were served up with large plates full which were cooked to perfection!
We scoffed up and struggled to eat all we had,even though we wanted to.
My son chose the kids make your own pizza which came on a large plate.
It was a freshly rolled pizza with huge chunks of fresh diced chicken breast and slices of ham!"better than pizzahut anyday" was his words!
As the baby is still learning to eat,the pleasant waitress got the chef to make a small portion of macaroni cheese for her.
She was given a large bowl of fresh home made macaroni cheese which was lovely and moist and cooked perfect for her little self to eat.daddy scoffed a few spoons too and said it was yummy!lol!
Next came our mains which followed as soon as our starters were cleared away(no waiting around like a lot of other places) fantastic!!
My partner took the curry which was another large portion and yet again had large chunks of moist chicken breast,it was scoffed in no time(even though he struggled to eat it all)
My mother took the "light bites" portion of macaroni and it was large!!she also said it was pasta cooked to perfection and the sauce was delicious.
I chose the lasagne(I make my own at home and like to compare),well,,,I can say my own is nothing in comparison.
It was another large plate full with the lasagne coming in it's own dish with a lovely side salad,steak cut chips and garlic bread.
The lasagne was full of more perfect pasta,loads of real steak mince and the yummiest sauce.i tasted a "secret ingredient" and was told it was red wine!delicious!
We all ate til we were fit to bust and the waitress was very attentive(offering more drinks etc another great service which can be missed in a lot of places)
Sadly my partner was heading off on a nightshift once we were booked into our accommodation so we didn't have time for dessert,although we would have struggled to find room in our tummies!
We got the bill and another added delight was the price!!we had just eaten one of the nicest meals we've had(even beating the raddison and apex hands down) and it was probably about a quarter of the price!
The service we had was outstanding and the waitress was very friendly and genuinely trying to ensure that we were satisfied.
We loved it so much we went back the next day and had yet again the exact same perfect service and perfect food!and Plan to visit again.
Also if like a lot of mothers with babies,and like me,a clean baby change facility is as important as the clean high chair then again,this place is faultless!!

This wee place is great and is well worth a visit,,or two,,or three!!
A definate rarity and wins hands down!
Gordon Ramsey and Tam Cowan would happily dine here!

Compliments to the chef!