“Family vacation”

Review of 35 Porpoise Place

Street side view of 35 Porpoise Place
Aerial view showing location of home Living area with gorgeous views
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Street side view of 35 Porpoise Place
Aerial view showing location of home
Living area with gorgeous views
Living area has comfortable seating
Dining area
Kitchen with extra seating at bar
Kitchen fully equipped for basic meal preparation
Master bedroom
Master bath
Upper oceanside deck off living area
Bedroom 2 with two double beds
Bedroom 3 with queen bed
Bedroom 4 with 2 twin beds & balcony access
Bedroom 5 with 2 twins
Computer with printer & high speed internet access
View from lower deck
Ocean side of home
Beach in front of home
Newly expanded deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

WaltersMo...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Roaches Everywhere!”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

This was our first time at 35 Porpoise Place, but we have been renting through CB Coastline for years. The rental company is consistently horrible to work with and has very little concern with your happiness after booking.

The house itself is lovely. Upon check-in the house was really not as clean as I would like, especially the garbage area which pulls out from the kitchen counter.
The bottom was filthy as well as the bottom of the dishwasher. Strangely, this house did not have a garbage disposal so a lot of food probably fell to the bottom of the dishwasher and under the garbage cans, which may have contributed to the roaches. Also, the location and the beach are quite nice, however, just a few houses down, on the far north end, there are condemned properties that are in total disarray and falling into the ocean...which may contribute to our only major problem with this rental. ROACHES. In all of my years of vacationing in North Carolina, I have never had issues like this. The first night in the house I spotted two in the living room. This was on Saturday, by Sunday, I saw several more. In my bathroom on the lower level they were crawling into the baseboards.

The rental company did send out pest control on Monday to spray the house, but by then the damage in our eyes was done. I continued to find live and now dead roaches throughout the remainder of our trip all over the house and outside. I was uncomfortable the entire week with thoughts roaches and was quite concerned that they would travel back home in our luggage and vehicle. I did not even take my luggage into my house until it was shaken out and thoroughly cleaned.

Upon check-out, I was asked if I enjoyed my stay and again I mentioned the roaches....there was no concern or apology, which was par for the course in dealing with the rental agency. I will not be returning to this particular house nor using CB Coastline again.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
29 May 2018
We are so sorry about this bug issue at this house. All of our homes are under a pest control contract that gets sprayed either monthly or quarterly based on each owners preference. When we have large rains as we did during this time, we will experience more pest issues especially ants as they have to come out of the ground. You have stayed with our company for 4 years previous to this and never had a pest issue. We quickly had it sprayed again for you to resolve the problem. We are so sorry this happened and hope you understand that we acted very quickly. When you spoke to the Pest Control Technician he did explain to you they were not basic roaches they were Palmetto bugs that thrive in humid regions. Again we are sorry no matter what type of bug they are and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again as we have done so well in the past years. We appreciate your business.
Management - Coastline Realty
Joanne R
Toledo, Ohio
“Family vacation”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Great location with beautiful views of the ocean and sunset over the marshes as promised. The house was in great shape with no evidence of being pet friendly. Would definitely come back but we loved the area so much we want a bigger place and bring more family.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing