“We love Topsail Island”
Beach Access
Street Side View
Street View
Aerial
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Verna C
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“We love Topsail Island”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We come to Topsail Island every single year. We love it. We tried staying in another property that was not a Shipwatch property and we were sorry we did. We love the proximity to the beach and the whole set up of the place. The only issue we had was that there wasn't a curtain in sight in the place. My 13 year old daughter's room faced the street and she couldn't be in her room at night with the lights on because there was no way to shield her from everyone's view. The same for my room and the upstairs room. No curtains. Freaky. But we managed. Other than that it was wonderful! We loved it and will return next year.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Tausha B
Troy, Ohio
“Great Area, Nice House, Good Value”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Typically our family vacations at the outer banks, but due to financial restraints this year, we had to find a new place. This was our first time at Topsail (pronounce Topsull I found out) Island and it was really a great place to stay.

I am definitely glad we booked in this area, as the houses were much nicer/newer than the homes we saw when driving on the south side of the island and the beach much less crowded. The Shipwatch townhomes had great access to the beach with outdoor showers as well as great access to the sound with a nice gazebo and dock you could launch a kyak from. The townhome we stayed in looks like it has recently been updated (newer carpet, walls painted, bathroom remolded with modern finishes, etc.) and was really pretty nice.

Negatives:
* The position of this town home in comparison to the ones next to it, place the decks where you have to look around other home's decks in order to see along the beach (your direct in front view is not hindered, just side to side).
* The washer/dryer and microwave need to be updated desperately.
* The outdoor shower is not enclosed (if it was I think it would slow down the wear and tear on the house itself, because you would take a full shower outside and change/dry off before coming in).
* It feels a little cramped when you first walk in because the first floor are bedrooms and not the living area like you expect to see when first walking in.
* If you changed the layout of the furniture in the living room (small sofa along the deck door and a larger sofa along the main wall) it would be much more conducive to a large family relaxing. I did read in one review that they only had one sofa, but by the time we stayed here the owner has added two additional chairs for extra seating in the living area. Having things set-up this way would make the living area feel larger.
* Restaurants are a little drive from here (suggest you try Daddy Macs Beach Bar and Grille, and Baked Pizza).
* The trash schedule was not clear and it was confusing.
* The master bedroom door handle was broken and you couldn't close the door... that has to be fixed before more renters come because it was a pain to deal with.
* Wish they had a grill to cook out.

POSITIVES:
* Their was nice furniture on all the decks to relax in.
* All the bedrooms were spacious (and two out of the three couples with us, had kids staying in their rooms, so that is saying a lot).
* The kitchen was extremely spacious and ample utensils/cookware.
* There was a nice storage area under the house for your beach stuff when you came back at night.
* The cleaning service made it easy to get out and not have to worry about too much clean-up and the house was very well cleaned when we got there.
* The beach and sound access was great, and the beach was not crowded.
* The linen service was nice, but I probably would just bring my own stuff next time, unless you don't have the right sizes at home.
* The extra half bath on the main floor was very convenient.
* Treasure Realty (so far) was easy to deal with (still waiting on security deposit back).
* They did have cable hooked up on the main floor, but I couldn't get the TV/Box to work in the master.

Overall a good experience and I would be willing to book there again for the right price.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Beach
Liked least: The Living Room Area
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed 24 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of privacy and lack of creature comforts
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
6 Aug 2014
Thanks for your candid review. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying direct ocean front. I regret to hear that this unit did not meet your expectations otherwise. As advertised, the unit does not have wifi, but the kitchen should be equipped with the basics. Had you notified us that you needed additional utensils, we would have been glad to take care of that for you. This owner has opted for curtains on most of the windows rather than blinds. As pictured, some of the slider doors have smaller window treatments. We will share your feedback about the curtains and other furnishings with the owner, and see what we can do. No one has complained about the DVD player, but our maintenance department will check into that and loose curtain rods as well. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please let us know how we can assist you in the future: 800-762-3961. Sincerely, Amy
beckley
Reviewed 6 August 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Older travelers
6 Aug 2013
Dear Riffle’s,

Thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear that this unit did not quite meet your expectations. The pictures have been updated (probably subsequent to your booking) to show the new couch the owner purchased, which is smaller than the original one unfortunately. We have shared your valuable feedback about that and your desire for additional TVs with him. I’m pleased to hear that you did find the unit to be clean and the beds comfortable. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your patronage. Please let us know how we can assist you in the future: 800-762-3961.

Amy

Laceyville Pa
Reviewed 26 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

26 Jun 2012
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so sorry for the shortcomings you had to deal with on your vacation. Thanks for letting us know about the dishwasher; it looks like a part had to be ordered for that one, such that our vendor wasn't able to get it repaired until the final day of your stay. Again, I do apologize about that. I wish you had also notified us about a broken sofa bed while you were here. I have not heard about that from the other guests or reviews, but I will pass it along to our maintenance department and to the owner. We would have been glad to provide some additional pots and pans had you let us know that you needed them.

Our goal is to make your stay as pleasant as possible, so please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything when you are here. We hope to see you again soon. Let us know how we can assist you in the future: 800-762-3961.

Amy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing