“50th Wedding anniversary celebration for our...”
I'm on a boat! Aerial View
Floor Plan 1st
Floor Plan 2nd
Generic Hot Tub Pic (not your HT). Heating Info
Smarthome
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
trs50
Cary, North Carolina
“We would never stay in the house at 442 New River Inlet Road again.”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

We would never stay in the house at 442 New River Inlet Road again. It was very nice in general, but we were very frustrated and inconvenienced by a very major problem:

The hot tub heater will not stay on and the hot tub is basically non-operational.

We wasted three frustrating days with a houseful of kids who wanted to use the hot tub and couldn't, until we discovered on our own that if you reset the circuit breaker every hour or so the temperature gradually creeps up. I don't see why this is acceptable that renters should have to do this, not to mention figure it out in the first place! We of course had contacted management immediately and they said a spa repair person would be out the next day, but no one showed up while we wasted the whole day waiting, and then apparently someone came the next day but snuck around the back without telling us he was there so we couldn't tell him what the problem was. Then he arbitrarily decided that everything looked fine and left, and management assumed everything was fine while I was wasting the whole second day waiting.

Some of the issues other reviewers posted were not a problem for us, for example they have built new stairs to the beach, and cleanliness was not a problem. There is some wear and tear on the house, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Nevertheless, this property should not have a hot tub on the amenity list because it is basically not operational in any convenient, not to mention safe, way.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location on the beach.
Liked least: Hot tub not operational and request for repairs was not successful.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
31 Dec 2013
Dear Trs50,

Thanks for your candid review. I am pleased to hear that you found this property very nice in general. I do regret to hear that your stay was encumbered by problems with the hot tub. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences. I’m not sure exactly what happened with the technician, since he is an independent contractor, but obviously, he did not resolve the issue during your stay. I am so sorry about that. As I believe one of our customer service managers communicated with you already, you should have received compensation; if you have not, please let us know. The property owner has been made aware of this issue and the other things you mentioned to our customer service manager. The owner will take care of these issues within the next few weeks. Thank you again for your patience and patronage. Please let us know how we can assist you further: 800-762-3961.

PA
Reviewed 30 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
30 Aug 2013
Hi K,

Thanks for your kind and candid review. Congratulations to your parents on 50 years of marriage! That is an awesome accomplishment! Thank you all for choosing to celebrate it with us. I am so pleased to hear that this lovely home was well suited to your family’s festivities, and I trust you all made memories to last a lifetime.

We appreciate your kind remarks about the cleaners and about our service at Treasure Realty as well. It is our pleasure assisting you, so please let us know when you are ready to come back to Topsail: 800-762-3961.

Cheers,
PA
Reviewed 2 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

2 Aug 2013
Dear BCHLVR2013,

Thanks for your review. I am so sorry to hear that this home did not meet your expectations. We have passed along your feedback about updates and improvements to the owner, and we will see what we can do. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you endured. Unfortunately, since the sand that was covering the stairs had become part of the dune, we were not allowed to just remove it (in accordance with CAMA regulations). I’m sorry that the building of a new access took longer than we would have liked as well; I know it was an inconvenience to have to use the public access down the street. I hope that the compensation we were able to offer you will help. Please let us know if you do not receive the check in the next few weeks: 800-762-3961.

Oak Harbor
Reviewed 27 July 2013 for a stay in March 2013

27 Jul 2013
Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your candid review. I am so sorry to hear about the inconveniences you endured during your stay. I am glad that we were able to address those things for you fairly quickly. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings. Most of the homes on the island are treated to prevent bugs, but on occasion, nearly all of the properties will see a few. Unfortunately, sometimes it may take a couple of treatments to get rid of them, but we are glad to do it if necessary; just let us know. We appreciate your patience and your patronage and it is our pleasure serving you. Please give us a call if we can assist you in planning future visits to Topsail: 800-762-3961.

NC
Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

RVA
Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

OH
Reviewed 4 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing