“One of our best house rentals so far....”
3686 Island Dr
I'm on a boat! Floor plan
Check Availability
From Air 2013
Aerial View
Generic Hot Tub Pic (not your HT). Heating Info
Smarthome
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

dctraveld...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Trouble in Topsail”
Reviewed 3 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

My parents booked this house for their 50th wedding anniversary. We had six adults and six kids between the ages of 6 and 16 staying in the house. The layout was well suited for our family. The location of the house is excellent. It is right on the beach and has wonderful views from many of the bedrooms. Unfortunately we spent the week trying to supervise repairs to the house and wishing we had chosen a different rental. We have to agree with all of the comments from the last review in May 2016 and it is apparent that no work has been done to correct any of the issues that have plagued the house for years. One of the windows was still broken. In fact there was a sign on the window asking renters not to open the window. None of the sliding doors worked to the point that none of the children could open or shut the doors by themselves. When we called the rental agency, they did send a repair man to fix one of the doors but it was certainly an inconvenience to have a repair man in and out of the house for two days. The house was built in 2000 and it looks like much of the furniture and flooring has not been updated since then. While it was nice to have a pool and hot tub on the property, half of the jets in the hot tub did not function. The deck furniture around the pool was falling apart and there is no grill at the property. Well, there was a small charcoal grill that looked like a previous renter had left it there. The icing on the cake was a cockroach that we saw in the kitchen one night. My parents, my brother, and myself all agreed that we would not be renting this house in the future. Hopefully the owner will take the chance to upgrade much of the house over the winter. The house is in a great location, but definitely needs some work.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
gloriap60
Fairhope, Alabama
“Property is getting run down!”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

The vacation was fun but don't expect the property to look and feel as fresh as the pictures show. The front decks have peeling paint and green scum, the windows are old and some of the sashes are broken, one of the sliders hasn't worked since the review in 2012. The furniture is very old and worn. The pool and hot tub were wonderful but the surrounding area has not been kept clean and free of ants. One of the windows leaked during a storm and when we wiped it up the paper towel was filthy from the floor. The deck furniture is old and moldy looking. I guess for the money I was expecting a very clean and up to date property.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ocean view.
Liked least: The old, uncomfortable furniture. Property needs repairs, cleaning and new furniture.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Liz S
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
“One of our best house rentals so far....”
Reviewed 20 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We have been renting houses for over 6 years, this one embodied the best characteristics of a vacation rental. The house was warm and welcoming with the kind of little touches that make it obvious that someone actually cares about your stay and didn't just throw a bunch of furniture in an "investment". The property has been well maintained and was perfectly suited in furniture and decor for a family gathering. Everyone agreed that the bedrooms were all lovely, the laundry facilities were some of the best we've seen and the access to the beach was wonderful.
The rental agents - Treasure Island Realty were also exceptional. Everything we could possibly need to know was provided upfront and in clear easy to read binders at the property. They responded immediately regarding some simple spring repairs and exhibited nothing but professionalism. From experience I can tell you that there are rental companies that are very far from that idea.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The kitchen was well set-up and stocked for a family cooking together for a week.
Liked least: The pipe on the beach from the beach salvage work but even with it there this property was easier access than some others we've visited.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
oh
Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Management Response
25 Jul 2013
Dear SCP,

Thanks for your candid review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and some of the great features this lovely home has to offer. Our records indicate that we sent multiple technicians to the home during your stay, so I am not sure why you felt that our customer service was poor. Please accept my apology that we weren’t able to get the phone working as it should have been during your stay. I’m not sure what was happening, but there is a working land line in this home. The security of the wifi is at the owner’s discretion, but I will share your feedback with him, and see what we can do. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Let us know if we can assist you in the future: 800-762-3961.

Amy

A romantic getaway
Management Response
6 Nov 2012
Hi Donna,

Thanks for your kind review. I am so pleased to hear that you had a great vacation with us in October of last year. After a busy season of back to back renters, those wear and tear issues you mentioned are more visible. Most owners wait to address these more invasive things in the off season. With that in mind, I will pass along to the owners your suggestions.

As a side note, I did want to mention that should you find a grill on the property you rent, you are more than welcome to use it; however, Treasure Realty no longer inventories, advertises, nor maintains grills. We have found that the best way to ensure that our guests have a grill that is clean, functional, and ready to use is to help them rent one. Our reservationists are glad to assist with that if you are interested, just let us know when you book your next visit: 800-762-3961.

We appreciate your patronage, and it is our pleasure serving you. We hope to see you on Topsail again soon!

Amy
PA
Reviewed 14 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing