“With a little updating this house would be awsome!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Trezma1
Madison Heights, Virginia
“A few issues, otherwise a nice place”
Reviewed 19 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

I actually do not prefer to leave comments on public sites, but Treasure has not responded to my email that i sent a week ago about where to leave feedback, so I thought they may see it here.

I went out on a limb using a new rental company this year (usually use CB Coastline) and for the most part the house was in pretty good shape, a few maintenance fixes would make it a terriffic place. Cornhole game should have been burned in the firepit, it was crumbling and had more than 1 hole in it. When it rained (as we were there for TS Andrea) it flooded the entryway of the house (Tile and rug), rain came under the door, dangerous because the stairs were right there and the kids would come down stairs, hit the wet tile and fall (no serious injuries thank goodness) spent a great deal of time sopping up water. The hot tub, i paid an extra $80 to activate the hot tub, which didnt get over 87 degrees (was quickly nicknamed the "luke warm tub". A gas grill......i checked with Treasure before we arrived to see if the property had a gas grill, i was told no and they provided a website for rentals. I rented a gas grill, which was there when we arrived, however, there was a gas grill on the deck upstairs.....nice, another unnecessary expense. Finally, ANTS ANTS ANTS ANTS ANTS!!! I could have dealt with the other issues, but the ANTS were horrible!!!! But the pool was great for kids in the evening, easy access to the beach, but didnt realize it was a public access, made our end a little crowded, house was clean and cleaning crew very friendly. I am picky, but when you drop that kind of money for a house to live in for 1 week, i would expect a touch more than what i got.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the bar was cool
Liked least: ants and more ants
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
19 Jun 2013
Dear Trezma1,

Thanks for your candid review. I am pleased to hear that there was much about this home that you and your family enjoyed. I do regret to hear that this home did not quite meet your expectations in some areas. Unfortunately, when Tropical Storms come through many of the homes on the island will see a little water intrusion, as is the nature of most barrier island homes. I do apologize for the inconvenience there and with the hot tub. I wish you had notified us about that and the other issues you experienced during your stay, as we would have been glad to take care of them for you while you were here.

Our official policy on grills is that we neither inventory nor maintain grills because their condition can vary so much from week to week. We have found that the best way to ensure our guests have grills that are clean and ready to use is to help them rent one. I hope that makes sense.

We haven’t had any reports about ants from subsequent guests, so hopefully they are no longer a problem. Again, had you notified us about that, we would have been glad to take care of it for you. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience.

We value you as our guests, and our goal is always to make your stay as pleasant as possible. To that end, please don’t hesitate to contact us during your stay if we can assist you with anything. Thanks again for your patience and your patronage.

OH
Reviewed 6 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Rugged travelers
6 Aug 2012
Dear Beer Otter,

Thanks for your honest review. I am so sorry that this property did not fully meet your expectations. The website depicts the location of the home in relation to the beach access quite accurately with the aerial photos—it is indeed a couple of houses down, but still quite close, as the photos show. In addition, several of the pictures show the location of the dunes, and the ocean views are labeled (top level bedroom decks). However, I will share your comments about these and the enclosed pet area with the owners. We have adjusted the written description to be more accurate and in keeping with the photos of the property. Thanks for bringing the possible confusion to our attention.

I am so sorry, but I cannot find record of you reporting a problem with the smoke detector or any word about the maintenance person who takes care of this home. Again, I will pass that and your additional maintenance/exterminating suggestions on to the owners. I wish you had informed us about these things during your stay, so that we could have addressed them while you were here. I do apologize sincerely for the inconveniences, and I hope they didn’t taint your stay too much. We appreciate your contribution to this process, which we expect will help us to be more transparent and accountable and ultimately to provide greater customer satisfaction going forward.

Please contact me via email at bill@treasurerealty.com or call our office at 800-762-3961 if I can assist your further.

Bill
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 18 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
18 Jul 2012
Dear Jacob Family,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! It sounds like you guys had an awesome time! I am pleased to hear it. Thanks for letting us know about the ants during your stay. Our records indicate that we were able to take care of that for you in a timely fashion. Had you informed us about the shower head during your stay, we would have addressed that while you were here as well. However, it has been repaired since your stay. Regarding the house being built next door, construction began after last year’s aerial pictures were taken. We try to take new aerial shots each year, and we plan to take care of that soon. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Thanks for choosing Treasure Realty. Please give us a call when you are ready to plan your next trip to Topsail: 800-762-3961. We look forward to seeing you again!
NC
Reviewed 6 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Rugged travelers
6 Jul 2012
Dear Robert,
Thanks for your candid review. I am pleased to hear that you all had a great time, despite the difficulties you endured. We agree the ramp is a little hard to get to. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Alternately, there is a free ramp at the base of the high rise bridge (about 3.5 miles from the home by boat), and then you can dock your boat at the house. The issue with the shower has been resolved since your stay, and we will share your concern about the night light guard with the homeowner. I hope that helps. We are always glad to address any issues that arise during your stay, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need to. We sincerely appreciate your patience and your patronage. Give us a call whenever you are ready to come back to Topsail: 800-762-3961.
VA
Reviewed 13 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

13 Jun 2012
Hi Gram,
Thanks for your awesome candid review of this unique and fun home! I am so delighted to hear that you and your kids had such a blast. It is our pleasure serving you, so please let us know when you all are ready to come back and make some more memories: 800-762-3961. We look forward to seeing you all again!
Cheers,
NC
Reviewed 19 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012

VA
Reviewed 16 April 2012 for a stay in October 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing