“Best vacation ever!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Strohow
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Too many stairs!”
Reviewed 6 March 2018 for a stay in November 2017

First, the positives: the owner was great during our stay- available & helpful.
Now the not so positives: there are many, many stairs! Upon entering the condo, you climb a flight of stairs to two BRms; you climb another flight to the kitchen & small LR area & MBR. You climb a third flight to a small loft.
The condo is close to the beach, but not close to anything else.
My wife & I are " young" senior citizens. We were not told of all the stairs; we were not told that no towels were included in rental ( sheets are extra), not even a dish cloth. The "living" area is quite small, with extremely uncomfortable furniture. It is connected to the kitchen.
While the rates are reasonable, and it is dog friendly, we were very disappointed in this property. Even our dog got tired climbing all of the stairs! My wife incurred a bout of sciatica upon returning home. Perhaps young folks, who only need a condo for sleeping, would be more pleased.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
8 Mar 2018
""Dear Guest, As a private owner I am committed to providing the most fun and positive experience by offering a nice clean home at a reasonable price. I really appreciate comments from our guests in order to make continuous improvements to the property. This property as we talked prior to your arrival is very close to the beach and has multiple levels to comply with local and federal flood zone requirements, you are correct a few steps to climb. I also offered to provide linens for your short stay, which was not included in the quote, You declined. The home is 2,100sqft, with seating for 10+, The other items you mentioned have been addressed and there are more improvements that are scheduled to be completed. Again we apologize for any inconvenience and will continue to strive to meet or exceed our guest's expectations. Best Regards, Lloyd""
Genny H
“Best vacation ever!”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Had a great time,the view was excellent, The rental property was exactly what I expected,very comfortable and stocked, kitchen only 3minutes from the Oceanside bed very comfortable,we are already talking about next year I highly recommend Lloyd and his home's, Lloyd was excellent he called to make sure everything was OK and if we needed anything when we arrived. I highly recommend!!!!!!

Your age range 35-49
karen s
“Amazing beach house”
Reviewed 2 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Beautiful and comfortable beach house with a short walk to beach, large porches overlooking the ocean and a warm pool to swim. A great place for the whole family!

_m7crwf
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Vaca”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Had a good time grandkids enjoyed the beach and pool Lloyd was nice and easy to deal with respondedvery quickly to any questions and concerns

kmslilang...
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
“The best rental we have gotten!”
Reviewed 25 May 2017 for a stay in September 2016

This house was perfect for our family! Close to the beach, and the pool was great for our kids as well. We had a blast here and couldn't ask for a better person to rent from.

Richmond, Virginia

Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
suavej216
“Location and size of the home is great”
Reviewed 7 September 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

The house can accommodate 10 comfortably. The house is in good shape and was clean and Lloyd was friendly and available during our stay. We enjoyed the short walk to the beach, the pool was enjoyable and shared with the other side of the duplex. The air conditioning worked great and the beds were comfortable. Wifi is included and with 4 teens it was a necessity. I have waited to post a review in hoping Lloyd would fix the only issue I had with my stay. There was a propane grill that he has there for use, but there was no propane tank. I offered to fill the tank at my cost, but there wasn't one to fill. Lloyd then offered to repay me if I purchased another propane tank and would send me the $50 cost back to me. After several texts back and forth with Lloyd about my address, I still haven't received the money. It's less about the money, I'm more annoyed with the lack of follow through since June and excuses on why the check has yet to arrive.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, size of home, and shared pool.
Liked least: Owner follow through.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing