“Fantastic location, rooms, food and hospitality - 5*”
Review of Quillan B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quillan
Quillan B&B
Ranked #9 of 11 Quillan B&B and Inns
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic location, rooms, food and hospitality - 5*”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Not long back from a wonderful trip to Quillan where we stayed with Fran in her fantastic B&B. Fran is so welcoming and friendly - going out of her way to make your holiday brilliant. The house is spotless - and the food and hosptiality to match. Quillan is a wonderful location to base yourself for trips out and about the Pyrenean area by bike, canoe or on foot . . so much to do and the town has fab restaurants, cafes and bars. Fran is so knowledgeable about the whole area and possible routes and trips to take . . in addition to forecasting the weather accurately. The best, most relaxing holiday we have had in years.

Room Tip: Rooms are spotlessly clean. Don't be put off by the shared bathroom - it's the cleanest one...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donnaod

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

From the moment you arrive your host Fran is very welcoming and friendly. She has lived in France for a number of years and has a wealth of knowledge not only about France but local areas too. Whilst we are having a house built, not too far away this was an ideal stop. Fran was also able to give us some advise on living in France.
The place itself was clean, modern and tidy. Plenty of space in bedroom and bathroom. We also made extensive use of the swimming pool, with a welcome dip on these July days.
The town of Quillan is within walking distance with all the usual bars, cafés, restaurants, boulangerie, pharmacies, banks and convenience store to name a few.
The dogs while not small are very friendly, they only go downstairs and in the garden.
If you are only staying for a day or two, great. But I would recommend a longer stay with so much to see and do. - Thanks Fran, look forward to seeing you again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This B&B was recommended to me by a work colleague who said it would be a great place to stay on my drive to Barcelona. I was not to be disappointed. After a 7 hour drive from my previous location, Fran greeted me with her famous British hospitality, a great evening meal and a room that more than met my needs. Fran was also able to tell me a lot about the neighbouring towns and what was going on in the local area. I liked things so much I stayed an extra night to explore Carcassonne and Andorra. Will definitely visit again, possibly when the seasons change. If you love walking this is the perfect place to be and will schedule more time for my next trip.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Portland, OR
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Fran Edmonds is an ex-pat English woman who rents a small number of rooms in her charming two-story home in the outskirts of Quillan. The room I had was spacious and comfortable, with a spacious and comfortable bath (shared by the three upstairs rooms). Everything clean, modern, and tasteful. She welcomed me to use the deck and swimming pool, as well as the living and dining rooms. I am gluten-intolerant, and Fran did a great job preparing a delicious dinner and breakfast without wheat products. She also prepared a nice lunch for me for the next leg of my journey. We had dinner and breakfast together, with very pleasant conversation, and she dropped me off at the beginning of the next leg of my walk on her way to work. This room is a tremendous bargain for a delightful experience - it is what the B&B experience is all about!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Nice place, nice pool, two bikes to ride into town. Friendly proprietess. Fabulous location.

Room Tip: Good restaurant down the road--- La Rebenty
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple