“Great Service/ great staff!”

Melian Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Pollonia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We didn't stay at the hotel since it was fully booked. But we tried the SPA and the restaurant: the staff was great (Eva, the receptionist and the guy at the restaurant). We did come back again for another massage. They were very nice. NeXT time we will book again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Alessandro9185

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a deluxe room, with a terrace with a hot tub. I was a little disappointed that the terrace did not also have sun loungers. Looking from the balcony I could see others around who did. I asked the reception if they could bring one for me and while we were out for dinner it was delivered. This is the feeling you get when speaking to the staff, nothing is too much of a problem. If you need something, just ask. Specific mention for Georgina who checked us in and was on the evening shift as she was excellent.
We loved having a sunset hot tub over a cocktail or a bottle of wine, the view from the terrace is amazing.
Reception arranged car hire for us. We took the basic one for 50 euro a day. If we could do things differently we would have hired a jeep type car. When the car was delivered the car hire rep drew a line down half the island and said you can't go here as the roads are so bad and my husband would have loved to drive up to the old mine at the north west.
Breakfast was fine, not a great selection: baked goods and eggs really. The food we ordered from room service was mostly good apart from a rather disappointing fruit salad.
The rooms were very modern and luxurious, very comfy bed, fluffy towels and robes, which you would expect for the price (we paid around 300euro a night). I don't know what they wash the linens in but they smelled so good getting into bed!

Things I would like improved (but could not take away from the 5 star rating as I loved the hotel).
There are no umbrellas for shade on the balconies or around the small jacuzzi pool in the shared area. They have gusty winds and they had previously blown away so they had done away with them altogether. It was hot when we were there and needed more shade on the balcony, at one point we were sat on the floor hiding behind the small wall that provided a bit of shade! Having also stayed in santorini where the winds were much stronger on the caldera cliff edge and all hotels had umbrellas that were very sturdy or bolted on to the wall or floor I think they could look into some way of providing more shade. Retractable awnings on balconies or some of these sturdier umbrellas perhaps?
Another thing is the price of some drinks. I know it is a luxury hotel but 4euros for a bottle of water when the tavernas charge 1.50 and it can be bought in the shops for 0.80 is extortionate. Especially in a country whee you can't drink the tap water. My pet hate is over priced water and soft drinks at hotels. It was 10euros for a cocktail and 20euros for a bottle of wine (we picked up the same bottle at the airport for 6euros). Just something to bear in mind for the management (regards pricing of water) and if you are visiting (for budgeting).

Wifi was free and had a strong signal.

It is short walk into Pollonia where there are around 8 tavernas to eat at, 2 mini markets and a pharmacy.

We really enjoyed our stay and I will recommend both Milos and Melian to friends.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank agathaDubai
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We just spent 5 days at this most gorgeous property and had a fantastic time. We had a room with a large terrace facing the sea which was spectacular. Excellent service. Perfect location. Just fantastic. The staff were friendly but not intrusive. The inclusive breakfast was served to us on our own terrace when we wanted. The whole set up is very relaxing. Excellent attention to detail. Perfectly clean and comfortable. Pure luxury. We will be back.

Room Tip: Sea view front room with large terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank familietravel
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was my husband and my first trip to Greece. We typically seek out design-oriented, small boutique hotels, and that's precisely what you get at the Melian. The fact that Melian is on an amazingly laid back, stunning island with beautiful beaches and tasty food.... well, it was heavenly.

I will always remember the amazing sunsets at Melian and the gorgeous view of the sea from our suite. Also, the octopus carpaccio was delicious!

Tip: rent an ATV to explore the island. We used our ATV the entire stay and had a blast. And, be sure to explore the beaches on both the north and south side of the island. They are all so different and beautiful!

We plan to return to Milos and Melian!

Room Tip: We loved our Deluxe room, which had a jacuzzi, large balcony and amazing view of the sea from both t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diana444
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My partner and I have just returned from the most amazing week staying at The Melian.

Absolutely everything was spot on, from the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were treated with the most amazing service and you really could not ask for more.

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite which was fantastic, from what I saw of the other rooms they all looked to the same standard, however we had the luxury of an enormous balcony with a hot tub, sunbeds, dining table, a sofa and two arm chairs. The view is to die for and I will never forget the evenings spent with an ice cold wine watching the sunset over the beautiful bay below.

The room itself was simply yet elegant, the bed was so comfortable I had some of the best nights sleep that I have had in a long time. It was cleaned spotlessly every day…. I only wish I had someone to tidy up after me and fold my clothes every day at home!

Breakfast was served on our balcony every day…. Whenever you want it just call and it will arrive within 15 minutes! We ate lunch at the hotel a couple of times which was also lovely and the portions are very generous.

Every single member of staff went out of their way to ensure that our holiday was the one of a lifetime. The reception staff and manager were exceptional, they highlighted all the things we should see, where we should eat, where to shop etc and I could not fault any recommendation they gave us. They also organised a hire car for us which was completely hassle free and I would strongly advise doing this through the hotel.

I had a couple of treatments in the spa which were divine! Make sure that you don’t miss out, relaxation at its best.

The village of Pollonia where the hotel is situated is beautiful, if you are looking for all night party action then this is not the place. It’s charming, quiet and has the MOST amazing restaurants on the island. You must try Enalion – we ate there 3 times, we also liked Aura.
Milos has so many amazing beaches you really have to get around the island and see as many as possible. I also HIGHLY recommend a boat trip to Kleftico – stunning!

The cons….. there aren’t ANY! Stop looking and book The Melian!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ictoau123
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just back from spending a wonderful 7 nights at the Melian Boutique Hotel and Spa. This was our first visit to the Melian and Milos and will not be the last. The location, service, facilities and friendly staff all contributed to a really relaxing holiday. We loved having breakfast served to our room everyday by a very charming Pelliotas and the choice was excellent - best we have had in Greece, the room was spacious, bed was so comfortable and the sea view from our balcony was just a pleasure. Nancy and Georgia on the front desk were more than helpful to us and had so much information to give us on the island. I did not like the beach in Pollonia as there were no beach beds ( apparently only there in July and August) but I was very happy to sit on the terrace in the Melian and sunbathe and enjoy the really stunning sea views plus once you rent a car there are plenty lovely beaches to visit. We also enjoyed going into Adamas and my husband went sailing for a day. Pollonia was just 5mins walk from the Melian and we had some lovely meals on the sea front with at least 8 restaurants to choose from. I would really recommend using the spa, the treatments with Eva were really enjoyable, I am only sorry I did not do a few more. We also appreciated that the Melian did not overcharge on the food and beverages and the quality of the food served was very tasty. I love Greece but would say the Melian and Milos were one of my favourite places to visit and we will return

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank irishlulu
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed 3 nights at Melian in May 2014 and I didn't want to leave! George, Georgia and Nancy provided amazing service for my many questions, the hotel has a perfect view of the sunset, the spa is amazing, the rooms are so clean and relaxing. I will definitely be back!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pollonia
Artemis Deluxe Rooms
#5 of 35 in Milos
Santa Maria Village
Santa Maria Village
#1 of 17 in Adamas

Been to Melian Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!