“Absolute must on Milos!”
Review of Perseas Boat

Perseas Boat
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Pollonia
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Absolute must on Milos!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was the highlight of our vacation! Andreas has a lovely boat which takes very small groups over to a neighbouring island and he knows the right places to get away from the wind. Andreas prides himself on giving the guests what they want, not jamming on extra people for the sake of a few extra euros. The trip is very personal and he genuinely cares about you having a great time! For lunch he prepares a BBQ and accompanies it with home-grown vegies from his own garden - I have never tasted a tomato so good! This meal was probably the best we had the whole vacation!

I cannot recommend this trip enough! We felt like friends by the end of the trip and indeed every day thereafter when we bumped into Andreas in the village. He is a delightful man, who is in the business to make people happy - not to make money!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank FrequentTravellerUAE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
pollonia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice experience”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend had an amazing experience with Andreas boat. We went at beautifull beaches with blue colours and had very well organized barbeque with local meat and vegetables.
We will always remember! Thank you Andreas!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank sisy17
Glenwood, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a Fun Day!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Andreas kept apologizing for our trip not being up to par because it was a bit windy the day we went out. However, he was the consummate host, and the trip was way beyond our expectations. He went out of his way to find a beautiful protected cove so that we could enjoy his delicious barbecue and swimming in a calm area. He calls it a 6 hour cruise, but everyone we spoke during our week experienced the same thing we did - about 9 hours of fun and beautiful sights hosted by a knowledgeable seaman who loves the island, his boat, and his life. His passion shows through all day. Don't miss cruising with Andreas on Perseas. You'll always find him hanging out in Pollonia.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank StardocJG
Byron Bay, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Boat trip of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We recently stayed a week in Pollonia on the island of Milos. Andreas our captain, owns the studios where we stayed and also operates one of the best boat trips I have ever experienced. Having worked on tour boats in Australia's Whitsunday Islands I was unsure whether to take this trip.
Was I ever wrong!
Our trip set off at a leisurely 10am from the main pier near the seaside restaurants scattered along Pollonia's waterfront. Andreas had deterred us from travelling the day previous as he assured us that day would be exceptional. He was not wrong.
We motored about all day on an unforgettable sea of spectacular azure glass, beautiful Greek sunshine and not a breath of wind all day. Andreas dropped anchor whenever we gave him a shout, sailing in and out of stunning coves and dropping wonderful gems of knowledge at every turn. For lunch we stopped at the most amazing secluded bay with some incredible cliff jumps for young and old. After a hefty hike up to top of a mars-like landscape (Bring some kicks and a beer ;) to a beautiful old light house, Andreas treated us to a delicious spread of BBQ lamb and chicken with home-grown salads, hand-made local cheeses and Greek delicacies. Just beware of the beach goats haha.
At the end of the day our captain gave us the option to stay on board and join him for a sunset cruise to finish the day. Just another example of wonderful Milos hospitality.
If you do one thing on Milos spend a day on the water with the funniest captain in Greece.
Thanks mate.
Ben & Alicia, Byron Bay Australia.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Benjimano
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Highlight of Milos!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

At Adamos there are plenty of big boats offering trips around Milos, but I would urge you to take this trip from Pollonia. The boat is fantastic and the captain even more so! Andreas is so knowledgable, enthusiastic, passionate even, about the beautiful waters and coastline around Milos, Kimolos and the other islands around here. He worked so hard on the trip, and put so much effort into making it so memorable for all on board. I will never forget it! The trip is unbelievable value - it lasts all day and includes a fabulous lunch (prepared by Andreas on the beach!) with wine and ouzo if you want it. I'm vegetarian and there was more food than I could eat - delicious bbqd courgettes, aubergines and peppers, plus gorgeous Greek bread! It is so much more than a boat trip if I can articulate this....because it is so personal it is impossible not to make aquaintances. I boarded this trip alone and in the evening ashore I had dinner with people I had met and with whom I am sure I will keep in touch with. Beware...this trip could change your life!

Visited September 2013