“There really isn't anything I can write to do this place justice”

Nefeli Sunset Studios
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Pollonia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I picked Nefeli Sunset Studios based on the reviews I saw here. And I was still surprised. It was gorgeous, comfortable and most of all had the best costumer service I've ever experienced.

I booked the suite, with the intention of spending a few days in Milos to relax and write. The owner, Roula, helped me before my flight and booked a car for me. It was an easy drive from the ferry to Nefeli in Pollonia.
Pollonia is a gorgeous little village with a small, picturesque harbor. I was a little disappointed at first when I realized Nefeli resides in another area of the village, with no harbor view. But when I saw the view from Nefeli I realized I made the right choice, especially since it's even quieter in that area of the village.
The location was perfect.

Since I was the first guest in that room of the year (the season just started), I had a couple of minor problems with the room - the TV and stove weren't working properly. I told the owners, and they fixed both problems quickly, while also giving me other options like exchanging rooms, using another room's kitchen and they even wouldn't let me pay afterwards. Just cos of those two small issues. I was amazed by how caring and accommodating they were. In all my travels I've never met hotel owners who went this far to help and satisfy their guests' needs. They made my stay perfect and when I return to Milos, I will, without a doubt, return to Nefeli.

Room Tip: I stayed in the suite and I highly recommend it. The room was pretty secluded on the second floor, h...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Nefeli sunset studios is a small boutique type accommodation with an amazing location. In my opinion it has the best location on the island- close to all the nice restaurants that you can walk to. The hotel is excellent value for money during May and we liked that it was quiet and very private. Location wise the hotel has it's own vista to the ocean and has enough sun beds and chairs for everyone to enjoy. The place is very special because the owners care about your stay very much and are personable and helpful. Roula and her husband really make the place. They are super nice!

In regards to the room, we had an upstairs one above the reception with an indirect ocean view which we liked because no one walked in front of our room which made it more private. The room is immaculately maintained, extremely clean, freshly painted and comes with soft towels and crisp linens and for those wanting to cook there is a fully stocked kitchenette. Outside there is a clothes drying rack with enough space to hang clothing and includes enough pegs too which is a thoughtful touch. The bathroom is spacious enough and very clean and most importantly the shower has a strong pressure and never runs out of hot water.

Also the hotel has a great wifi connection. It is very powerful and never drops even when you are in the room or very far out into the beach and ocean. The hotel also has numerous books that you can borrow in many different languages and also coffee is provided in the rooms and in reception area as well which is free of charge.

The only tip that I highly recommend you follow is not to go to the first cafe/ breakfast place towards Pollonia restaurant strip.They don't know how to make an omelette and it is extremely overpriced. The restaurants to try in Pollonia is the fish restaurant or the second last restaurant on the strip. We enjoyed all our meals there! The staff are wonderful.

Overall, a great first time trip to Miloss and Nefeli sunset studios. We hope it won't be our last!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Naddie1982
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Beautiful grounds....enjoyed just relaxing on the property. The room was comfortable, clean, modern, simple but tasteful......and the shower was the best shower I had in my life. Very kind and helpful management. Pollonia a great spot for charming seafood restaurants....rent a car so you can visit beaches. Had a fabulous time.

Room Tip: We booked online for 2 nights but arrived earlier and were given a smaller and less expensive room w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We spent three nights at Nefeli Sunset Studios. Unfortunately only three nights. The studios are located in Pollonia, a charming sea village where you can find anything you need and where you can eat very well at some nice restaurants in front of the sea. Our room was brand new, elegant, comfortable and really cosy. There were astonishing sea views and we enjoyed marvellous sunsets. Uploaded pictures speak for themselves. The owners, Roula and Makis, took care of us very warmly and gave us all the necessary information about our staying. We will go back to Nefeli Sunset Studios very soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

During our stay in Sept/13 ( we know,,,LATE!!!!!!) we just loved our stay. We had room #16 ,,,the best room in our opinion. Our hosts were very gracious and the room very comfortable. My wife enjoyed the loft room to send me while I was snoring. The view from our patio was amazing and the best in the villa. I would never think twice about booking Nefeli. If you wait, it will be booked and you WILL be disappointed.
Tom & Mary Granton , Canada

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tom_Mary_G
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We went for 4 days to Milos on the recommendation of a friend and loved the island and really enjoyed our stay at Nefeli. Pollinia was a quite, friendly village with good local food. What we enjoyed most about the island was the friendly people, great service and amazing local food. It was all very local, fresh and tasted so good.

Our stay at Nefeli couldn't haven't been better, the room was excellent the advice and assistance given on all matters was also. We really appreciated Roula helping us with the car hire which made our holiday so easy, I highly recommend hiring a car as it gives you so much freedom on the island. I would also recommend going outside of the peak season June/July as it is so much more local in off season. It felt like there were only a dozen or so tourists and we had the island to ourselves when we were there in early May.

We hope to get back to Milos sometime soon as it was such a relaxing pleasant experience, and we would stay again at Nefeli for sure.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be good, we stayed in room 9 with the large side balcony with views for...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at Nefeli while doing some island-hopping in September 2013. We had initially scheduled two nights at Milos staying at the Nefeli; however, we extended our stay for a further two nights after our first day there. Milos itself is a beautiful, tranquil island with some breathtaking scenery. Coupled with this, the great hospitality and good standard of accommodation offered at Nefeli served to bolster our view of this being our favourite of the islands we managed to visit. Great hosts who couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. Fantastic shoreside location with some stunning sunsets enjoyed in the evenings. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pollonia
Tania Milos
Artemis Deluxe Rooms
Artemis Deluxe Rooms
#1 of 1 in Paleochori
Thalassitra Village Hotel

Been to Nefeli Sunset Studios? Share your experiences!