“Very nice place in a rural setting”
Ballyconneely Beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Ballyconneely Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

DonnieOsh...
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Very nice place in a rural setting”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

My wife and I rented this holiday house for seven nights during our recent vacation in the Connemara area. We left one day early only because I wanted to spend our last night close to the airport north of Dublin.
The place was very nice- a large and well-furnished kitchen, a cozy living room with couch, two chairs, TV, fireplace, and nice views, two bedrooms [we used one] and two bathrooms. I thought the quality of the building was very good. We loved the views- cows grazing in the field on one side, views of the ocean in the distance off to the other side and you could see the mountains of Connemara National Park in the distance- most of the time. We were fortunate to be able to watch the local farmer bring his horses down the lane in front of our cottage- down to the barn across the field. This very rural location might not suit everyone but we thought it was great. We bought some groceries at the local store in Ballyconneely and had our breakfasts in the house, along with two dinners and a lunch or two. The rest of the time we either ate in Ballyconneely or Clifden or somewhere on the road.
Our check-in arrangements went well although we were really there too early [my fault]. Our hostess was able to guide us down the right lane to our house and, most of the time after that, we were able to find our way back to the house. It went better after I “GPS’ed the house, adding it as our “Ireland Home”.
The only minor issues- you had to turn on the gas outside of the house but then wait for it to “flow” to the stove. So just when we were ready to give up on whether we could use the stove, the burners would light. Be patient. There were only six channels on the TV- and two of them were duplicates and one station spoke Gaelic only- and the TV really seemed to have a mind of its own in terms of what we got and when. There were no DVD’s available so my recommendation is to bring your own. We do enjoy watching local news when in Ireland. The fireplace was great and we enjoyed a peat fire a couple of times during our stay. I recommend this holiday house and hope you found this review helpful. We had a great trip and used the Ballyconneely location as our base for wonderful day trips in this area of Connemara. I am not adding my photos because the pictures on the web site were good- and very accurate.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything in the house seemed of very good quality
Liked least: Don't expect good TV options here- bring some DVD's
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing