All reviews private beach seaweed bath self catering houses upgraded to a suite family suite crab claws mushroom soup kids club wild atlantic way beautiful location holiday home eggs benedict bar food fabulous food chowder top class enjoy your stay
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I had three different treatments done in the spa and they were all amazing !

The first treatment I had was the radiance facial which I went with my sister in law who Is pregnant (vicki) , she also had a facial. It was great as she was clearly very skilled and could tell if you were dehydrated and also recommended how to help and improve your skin and what products would damage your type of skin or improve it. We both loved the experience so much that we both booked in the next day for another treatment !

I then went for the voyager neck and back massage, it was fabulous and really helped relax my muscles. I like a firm massage so it really ticked all my boxes that i would want for a massage ! Vicki went for the organic foot ritual, which was recommended for her as she is pregnant. She loved it so much and said she felt like she was walking on clouds.

My final visit was with my mother she had a facial after she herd us rave about it she said she had to have it done as well and she just loved it and said would definitely get it done again as it was the best facial she has ever had ! I had their new full body seaweed wrap and it was out of this world, first I had a full body salt scrub which made my skin feel so soft and brand new, then I was wrapped in the seaweed, then followed with a head massage, when the seaweed is took off the amount of oil that comes out of the seaweed is crazy! It is then massaged into your skin until It is absorbed. It was by far my favourite treatment out of everything, my skin feels brand new, soft and has left my skin glowing !

Would recommend this spa to anyone who wants a real spa experience!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jamesonfoody
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stayed in the hotel whilst taking part in a cycling sportive in Connemara. The staff couldnt have been more helpful. We stayed in the 2 bedroomed family room which was really spacious and fantastic views down to the beach. We had dinner in the bar and the food was excellent and had amazing spa treatments with Tara. Would highly reccommend the Connemara Sands for its location, staff and amenities

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank MasonDTC
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Our party of 2 adults and 1 15 year old stayed for two nights in July. We had a 2 bedroom with sittingroom suite looking out at the sea. Everything from the rooms to the food was first class. The owner Dean and Kathy manage the hotel and they and the staff were very welcoming. We used the Spa and thought it was excellent, great value. Free bikes and paddling boards are available which we availed off. This was our first visit to Ballyconneely and the Connemara Sands Hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of whiling away a rainy afternoon having an absolutely fabulous, totally relaxing 90 minute "journey" spa treatment from Tara. Really lovely Spa and therapist. I would highly recommend a visit to the Spa at Connemara Sands, followed by some excellent bar food if you're living or visiting this beautiful area. Will definitely return on my next visit to Clifden.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara M M
Reviewed 12 July 2017

This was our second trip to the Connemara sands. We stayed in the hotel last year in a very spacious family room but with two children decided to go for the self-catering houses this year. Right from check-in staff were very friendly and helpful: a particular mention for Martin. The location is fantastic - right on the beach and we made good use of the free bikes, tennis and paddle-board. There are many excellent places to cycle to nearby with tremendous views especially when the sun is setting in the evening. The food was absolutely delicious and a real highlight of the holiday (our youngest recommends spaghetti bolognese from the kids' menu!) The massage from Tara in the spa was one of the best I've ever had. Overall this is a great option for families looking for an active, outdoor holiday in a glorious setting.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family