All reviews private beach seaweed bath self catering houses upgraded to a suite family suite crab claws mushroom soup kids club wild atlantic way beautiful location holiday home eggs benedict bar food fabulous food chowder top class enjoy your stay
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed in the hotel for one night. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant which has lovely views overlooking the sea. The quality of the food was exceptional and great value. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly as was the owner who came over to introduce himself and check that everything was to our liking. We went into the bar for a drink after our meal and really enjoyed the entertainment provided. Breakfast was excellent and cooked to order. One of the best we've experienced. We availed of the complimentary bikes and went to one of the many stunning local beaches. All in all a truly memorable and very enjoyable stay - we are already planning a return visit :)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AntoinetteD237
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I had three different treatments done in the spa and they were all amazing !

The first treatment I had was the radiance facial which I went with my sister in law who Is pregnant (vicki) , she also had a facial. It was great as she was clearly very skilled and could tell if you were dehydrated and also recommended how to help and improve your skin and what products would damage your type of skin or improve it. We both loved the experience so much that we both booked in the next day for another treatment !

I then went for the voyager neck and back massage, it was fabulous and really helped relax my muscles. I like a firm massage so it really ticked all my boxes that i would want for a massage ! Vicki went for the organic foot ritual, which was recommended for her as she is pregnant. She loved it so much and said she felt like she was walking on clouds.

My final visit was with my mother she had a facial after she herd us rave about it she said she had to have it done as well and she just loved it and said would definitely get it done again as it was the best facial she has ever had ! I had their new full body seaweed wrap and it was out of this world, first I had a full body salt scrub which made my skin feel so soft and brand new, then I was wrapped in the seaweed, then followed with a head massage, when the seaweed is took off the amount of oil that comes out of the seaweed is crazy! It is then massaged into your skin until It is absorbed. It was by far my favourite treatment out of everything, my skin feels brand new, soft and has left my skin glowing !

Would recommend this spa to anyone who wants a real spa experience!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jamesonfoody
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stayed in the hotel whilst taking part in a cycling sportive in Connemara. The staff couldnt have been more helpful. We stayed in the 2 bedroomed family room which was really spacious and fantastic views down to the beach. We had dinner in the bar and the food was excellent and had amazing spa treatments with Tara. Would highly reccommend the Connemara Sands for its location, staff and amenities

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank MasonDTC
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Our party of 2 adults and 1 15 year old stayed for two nights in July. We had a 2 bedroom with sittingroom suite looking out at the sea. Everything from the rooms to the food was first class. The owner Dean and Kathy manage the hotel and they and the staff were very welcoming. We used the Spa and thought it was excellent, great value. Free bikes and paddling boards are available which we availed off. This was our first visit to Ballyconneely and the Connemara Sands Hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of whiling away a rainy afternoon having an absolutely fabulous, totally relaxing 90 minute "journey" spa treatment from Tara. Really lovely Spa and therapist. I would highly recommend a visit to the Spa at Connemara Sands, followed by some excellent bar food if you're living or visiting this beautiful area. Will definitely return on my next visit to Clifden.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo