All reviewsprivate beachseaweed bathself catering housesupgraded to a suitefamily suitecrab clawsmushroom soupkids clubwild atlantic waybeautiful locationholiday homeeggs benedictbar foodfabulous foodchowdertop classenjoy your stay
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Great hotel in the area with one of the best private beaches for kids/sea sports. Reception/restaurant/bar really well decorated and modern.
Unfortunately the rooms are not up to the same standard (yet?) - great size for families but very outdated for the price. At 230 (2adults/2kids) a night i expect a more modern/up to date room.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

After a long day travelling from Dublin, this gem of a hotel was found. The receptionist could not have been more helpful. She had all the local information of what and where to go, an extremely good advertisement for the hotel. In no time we were in our room. It was a big well laid out room overlooking the sea. The thing that surprised us most was the spiral staircase to a balcony with two extremely comfortable couches. An ideal to get away from all sort of place. read a book or as I did just relax. The bed was big and very comfortable to sleep in.
The breakfast is something else. It is only cooked when it is ordered, and the Parma Ham Shank was just beautiful. The chief was excellent.
The evening meal was also a treat, the chief is a Michelin Star and it shows on the way the food was cooked and presented. This is one holiday that will go into the memory.
A short holiday that turned out perfect.

Room Tip: Ground floor looking west overlooks the Atlantic Ocean, Unbelievable.
1  Thank Tickeyboo
Reviewed 18 July 2017

To do this hotel justice, you need a minimum of a two night stay. In a very beautiful location with all bedrooms looking out to the sea, it ticks all the boxes. Spotless rooms, spacious bathrooms, incredible food, fantastic entertainment and the food is fabulous. We sampled the fine dining, the bar food and the breakfast and I cannot remember the last time, we enjoyed such a high standard in everything. We did not have children with us but saw that there was so much for them to do - tennis, the private and very safe beach, cycling etc. Sorry I did not try the Spa! However, the most outstanding feature of this hotel has to be the staff: - Martin at reception, Dean, the owner, Brian - the waiter with the incredible singing voice - all were just so friendly, so helpful. We will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful but did like our room on the ground floor with an exit nearby onto the lawns and near car park.
1  Thank annculhane
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed in the hotel for one night. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant which has lovely views overlooking the sea. The quality of the food was exceptional and great value. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly as was the owner who came over to introduce himself and check that everything was to our liking. We went into the bar for a drink after our meal and really enjoyed the entertainment provided. Breakfast was excellent and cooked to order. One of the best we've experienced. We availed of the complimentary bikes and went to one of the many stunning local beaches. All in all a truly memorable and very enjoyable stay - we are already planning a return visit :)

1  Thank AntoinetteD237
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I had three different treatments done in the spa and they were all amazing !

The first treatment I had was the radiance facial which I went with my sister in law who Is pregnant (vicki) , she also had a facial. It was great as she was clearly very skilled and could tell if you were dehydrated and also recommended how to help and improve your skin and what products would damage your type of skin or improve it. We both loved the experience so much that we both booked in the next day for another treatment !

I then went for the voyager neck and back massage, it was fabulous and really helped relax my muscles. I like a firm massage so it really ticked all my boxes that i would want for a massage ! Vicki went for the organic foot ritual, which was recommended for her as she is pregnant. She loved it so much and said she felt like she was walking on clouds.

My final visit was with my mother she had a facial after she herd us rave about it she said she had to have it done as well and she just loved it and said would definitely get it done again as it was the best facial she has ever had ! I had their new full body seaweed wrap and it was out of this world, first I had a full body salt scrub which made my skin feel so soft and brand new, then I was wrapped in the seaweed, then followed with a head massage, when the seaweed is took off the amount of oil that comes out of the seaweed is crazy! It is then massaged into your skin until It is absorbed. It was by far my favourite treatment out of everything, my skin feels brand new, soft and has left my skin glowing !

Would recommend this spa to anyone who wants a real spa experience!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family