“Wonderful Experience!!!”

Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Aviano
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In questo storico locale della Pedemontana Occidentale siamo da sempre attenti alla qualita e alla stagionalita dei prodotti che sono sempre freschi e prevalentemente a Km zero. Le nostre paste sono espresse, gli gnocchi fatti in casa e le carni di prima scelta. Serviamo fantastiche pizze con mozzarella senza OGM e gustosi panini. Inoltre accanto alla cucina tradizionale si affianca una cucina separata dedicata alla celiachia. La nostra grande sensibilita per le intolleranze alimentari ci ha portati ad essere dal 2007 la prima Pizzeria Certificata A.I.C. In provincia di Pordenone e, a grande richiesta, da Agosto 2012 la prima Paninoteca Certificata A.I.C. In Friuli Venezia Giulia.
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Experience!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Pizzeria Trattoria Aviano Inn is a Wonderful Experience for many reasons.The owner, Sandro, is welcoming and makes you feel right at home and the entire staff is very friendly. Their Lasagna is Amazing - the best we had ever had in our lives. We went back and ate at this restaurant several times and walked away smiling each and every time. This a great local restaurant and their hours are very convenient. I would highly recommend this restaurant on your next visit to the Aviano area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Donna W

Pordenone, Italy
“Mainstay for solid pizza and gnocchi!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have ventured to the Aviano Inn several times, and each time I've come away quite satisfied and thoroughly full.

Highly recommend their Pizza, any type is good, as well as the prosciutto and melon (in the summer months when they have it). The 4-cheese gnocchi (quattro formaggio) is fantastic, and will definitely fill you up for a while so be ready for it.

The other day I ordered about ten pizzas for a party and, while I waited, the hostess/owner was kind enough to offer me complimentary espresso/cafe and water. She was very nice.

The house red wine, as in most local places, is solid but nothing to write home about. I would say it's the best wine you can get there for the price.

• Visited May 2014
“Slightly below average”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

GOOD:
-Hours 11-23
-A lot of options on the menu

BAD:
-Food is a little below average (5 years experience)
-The main problem I have is with the water. In Italy if you pay for water (not tap) it should be served in a sealed bottle. Our bottle of natural water had a lid which wasn't sealed and the bottle was worn -- as if they wanted it to appear like a fresh sealed bottle. We asked and she claimed they bottle the water at the restaurant. They do in fact have a machine behind the bar, but that doesn't mean they use it! It tasted like refrigerated local tap water, which isn't a problem unless they charge for it. So I looked at the two tables of Italians behind us and they had completely different bottles with a metal screw top, but it was frizzante, not natural. So, my experiment was to order frizzante and see which bottle I received; the blue one "made at the store" or the fancy bottle served to the Italians. We got the blue bottle. My suspicion: the bottles served to the Americans are tap water, even if charged with CO2 to make it frizzante.

It's the principle that bothers me. Keep your eye on this if you visit this restaurant -- maybe I'm missing something. We probably won't visit again unless it's the only practical option, which it was on this visit.

2 Thank Kevin D
Sandro C, Proprietario at Pizzeria Trattoria Aviano Inn, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Hello Kevin
I am the owner of the Aviano Inn and I like to address your problem with the water we serve in our restaurant.
There is two different quality of water listed in the menu:
the very good one bottled by the Dolomia company that we buy in cases, still and "frizzante"
and the local one we bottle, it come from the mountains behind Aviano (Aviano aqueduct is served by it), we use the machine behind the bar to prepare about 12-14 bottles at 11AM for lunch time, we store them in the refrigerator, when needed we make more, we do not store over night.
When the empty bottles come back from the table they go in the dishwasher and then they are rinsed in fresh water and put upside down in the rack over the bottling machine to dry.
We belive that filtered local water is better for the environment and for our health since it has not travel on trucks and has not been sitting in storage for any time.
Still You have a choice since they are both on the menu.

I also like to emphasize the fact that we do our grocery shopping three times a week, we try to buy as much as possible local and of the best quality, me and my wife are always looking for the well kown produce: Prosciutto crudo di San Daniele, Radicchio Tardivo di Treviso, Speck di Sauris etc. and it is all prepared with passion by our kitchen staff.

If You have a chance of stopping by please ask for me and I will answer any of Your question.

Sandro Cipolat
“Best Pizza you will ever eat !!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Aviano.
The owners ( a man and his wife ) are super friendly and speak good English.
The place is clean, it opens from 11 AM till 11 PM, you can eat there or order a take away.
There is a free wifi so you can enjoy surfing the internet while eating.
Would go there again for sure!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bechara K
Frankfurt, Germany
“Pizza Pasta Pepperonata”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have eaten here many times over the years and are always pleased with the food, the service and the mountain views from the terrace as we enjoy our meals. We keep going back for more.

Visited September 2013