“Great night sleep”
Review of Taergesen

Taergesen
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My mom and I drove here from Skaftafell in May 2013. It was a long car ride, but the scenery was beautiful. We had great fun driving across one lane bridges, speeding around sharp turns that provided spectacular views, and driving on our only patch of gravel road. Finding the B&B proved to be a bit of a challenge. I didn't pay attention to exactly where it was and we drove around the town a bit. We were the only patrons staying there that night, but a few people were eating at the tavern. We had a great conversation with the young woman working in the tavern. She served us a yummy pizza and told us a lot about the local area. It was an eyeopening talk. I really enjoyed this B&B. I liked the decorations in the tavern and in our room. The room and in-suite bathroom were clean and the perfect size. We were on our own for breakfast of cold meats, cheeses, and cereal, but they explained everything the night before so we were 100%. And the breakfast was very yummy. If you are looking for a place to say in the east, you should stop here. However, keep this in mind... You are staying above the tavern and the steps are a bit steep. My memories of my mom taking her suitcase up those steps is one of my favorites!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kren3

Reviewed 7 October 2013

east fjords are very pretty driving, Taergesen is average but just fine for 1 night. We had private bath, which is very good because it was busy that night. Some rooms share bath. BF was average-possible a little sub-par, but still adequate. It is a tavern so there are locals drinking and talking until wee hours of night.The town is a little bit industrial, working class, Next time I would pick a different locale. If you find your self in Radarfjyor at night, Taergesen is fine, but don't make a special trip just to come here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jay042
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We love this place. Rooms are confortable and cute. Very clean hotel and rooms, and very, very kind staff. But the best...TIPICAL ISLANDIC FOOD!!! with very good Islandic beer. Dosen´t matter if you don´t stpo here for sleeping, but try their food, incredible!!! and their restaurant is very beautiful!!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OBSESIONPORVIAJAR
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The service was absolutely amazing, we arrived 30 minutes early and they were gave us a free drink while we waited 5 minutes for our room! The staff were all very friendly, and the rooms were very nice. They were new and had excellent internet facilities. We have been round Iceland on a 10 day tour, this was the best guesthouse we went to.

Room Tip: Get 101, if you can - it has the internet router in it; if internet is what you're after.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Lovely old building inside and out... sort of like an inn as it had a restaurant down stairs and rooms above. Staff very friendly and helpful. I have only one complaint and that is I thought that the bed linen was not all that clean. The pillow on my bed was lumpy so i checked the spare one in the cupboard - but it was full of stains and really smelled. I had to make do with a little cushion which I put my t-shirt over. I liked Reydarfjordur too. I ate in the restaurant in the evening and food very good.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

We staid for one night in this guesthouse. The room was big and nice. There were 3 bathrooms but not one of them was clean. There was no toiletpaper anymore in 2 bathrooms. You have to take the breakfast yourself out of the fridge

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Patrik_Cro
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed for a night at Taergesen on the way to Lake Myvatn. The exterior of the guesthouse is very good and has a typical "fishing village" charm. The inside has got a rustic feeling with wooden furniture and decor. There's some antique items displayed in the restaurant which adds to the effect.
The rooms are on the top floor and are comfortable. The floors are wooden as is the corridor, so there's some amount of creaking always. Breakfast spread was quite limited to cold cuts, bread and some beverages.
The hosts were particularly helpful.
Overall a comfortable place in reydafjordur.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niloy_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reydarfjordur
17 mi away
#1 of 1 in Faskrudsfjordur
Hia Marlin
Hia Marlin
#1 of 2 in Reydarfjordur

Been to Taergesen? Share your experiences!