We stayed 2 nights and found the rooms to be comfortable and well taken care of. The dining room service and quality of food was very good. We played both golf courses. The Old Tom Morris course was the first of our trip and a good starter as it is not overly difficult. The greens were bumpy and patchy, so that was disappointing. The Sandy Hills course is outstanding with dramatic views, excellent greens and nicely conditioned. We took caddies for both rounds and in both cases they were well qualified, friendly and enjoyable to have helping us.
Great location and hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort is one of Ireland's premier 4 star luxury hotels, and has been since 1893. It sits in an 800 acre estate on the edge of the Atlantic ocean, where the bays of Mulroy & Sheephaven meet on the coast of Donegal. The hotel boasts a health & wellbeing Centre, Tennis Courts, Billiards & Card Rooms, Putting Green, Driving Range as well as two 18 hole championship Golf Courses and state of the art Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Downings
- Rosapenna Hotel And Golf Resort
- Rosapenna Hotel Downings
- Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort Downings, County Donegal