Disclamer: we're hard to please and we have high expectations when it comes to hospitality. In our opinion, you either get it or you don't, when it comes to the art of hospitality. And too many people and properties have forgotten that hospitality is in fact an art. Rosapenna and their staff have not forgotten it and they do in fact "get it." Too often one can be made to feel like the staff at hotels and resorts are doing us a favor by assisting us. Not at Rosapenna. Whether it was Chris and Andrew at the helm or Liz sorting us out in the dining room, I was always made to feel that not only was I a Guest and not just a customer, but that my presence was beyond appreciated. It was welcomed.
Being a bit of a self proclaimed food snob, we have come to lower expectations when we travel so as not to be disappointed. Rosapenna's F&B team have given us reason to rethink that mindset. It's clear that the chefs at Rosapenna are passionate about food and they create a dining experience that is not to be missed.
Were we not golfers, our Rosapenna experience would be one that we'd highly recommend to travelers across the globe. Being golfers, and having had the opportunity to play their renowned golf courses, there is no option but to place the Rosapenna Resort in the "don't miss" category. As we understand that they've purchased adjacent land to add yet another outstanding golf course, we've put Rosapenna on the short list of resorts that we will return to in the very near future.
It would boggle the mind a bit if one stayed any length of time at Rosapenna and didn't have an exceptional experience. I know "things happen" and that anyone can make mistakes. Having said that, with the care and attention that everyone on the Rosapenna team puts on ensuring your satisfaction, it's hard to fathom how that could happen at this property. Well done to the entire group at Rosapenna. Thanks for making our stay at your resort a great memory!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort is one of Ireland's premier 4 star luxury hotels, and has been since 1893. It sits in an 800 acre estate on the edge of the Atlantic ocean, where the bays of Mulroy & Sheephaven meet on the coast of Donegal. The hotel boasts a health & wellbeing Centre, Tennis Courts, Billiards & Card Rooms, Putting Green, Driving Range as well as two 18 hole championship Golf Courses and state of the art Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosapenna Hotel And Golf Resort
- Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Downings
- Rosapenna Hotel Downings
- Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort Downings, County Donegal