Bras d'Or Lakes Inn
  • Room Service
Cove Motel(Port Hastings)
US$106
US$104
Cabot Trail Motel(Baddeck)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$97
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdining roomcape bretonnova scotiarack of lambreal surprisebras d'or lakecozy atmospherefine diningcontinental breakfast was includedmini fridge and microwavelog cabin feelcomfortable staymusselsmaster chefgreat spotwasher and dryergreat place to stay
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I could not have been more pleased with the wonderful time we spent at the Inn. Both Jean-Pierre and Pierre were so helpful in every way-they really made us feel at home. Jean-Pierre is an excellent chef and all 3 nights we had dinner in their very pleasant dining room, accompanied by excellent food. An additional plus is the fact that St Peters is an interesting location with some wonderful walks and scenes, including the remarkable canal and locks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dwag64
Brasdor, Guest Relations Manager at Bras d'Or Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for Vermont visitors for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at the Inn. I am glad you found us helpful and Jean Pierre’s menu satisfying over your extended stay. We do believe St. Peter’s is a great place to stop over and visit as well as the surrounding area while making your way around Cape Breton and all it has to offer. I am happy you chose us as your base. Sincere regards. Pierre

Reviewed 21 October 2013

After a long day of driving the coast, I was looking forward to a nice relaxing evening at the hotel. I was greeted warmly by the owner and the other members of the staff. It felt like I walked into a small B&B than a hotel. The place was clean and well appointed. The place looked like a huge log cabin. It had this rustic look to it.

The room was spectacular. The fake logs that made up the walls was a nice touch as well as the hardwood furniture went far to lend an air of a rustic room in the middle of the woods. The beds were super comfortable. It was like sleeping on a cloud. This place was by far the best place I stayed at during my trip to Nova Scotia. I wish I could stay an extra day or 2 at the hotel, but I had other places to visit.

The hotel has a restaurant that is top notch. Something I was not expecting to see or experience in a small town like St. Peter's.

I highly recommend the place to anyone who is thinking about stopping for the evening. Reservations are recommended. From what I was told, they were pretty booked the previous weekend and the weekend after I left.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael C
Brasdor, Guest Relations Manager at Bras d'Or Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your comments Michael. I am glad you chose us for that night of rest and relaxation and were able to reenergize before continuing on your trip. We do endeavour to be a destination for good accommodation and great culinary experience for those local and visiting the island - and St. Peter's is a good waypoint for both.

And we do try to connect with our arriving guests as appropriate, so I appreciate that we sometimes have a B&B feeling in that respect. Glad you felt welcome.

Hope to see you again and be your base while you enjoy more of the islands points of interest and activities. Thanks again.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The Inn is very cosy and quaint. Rooms and bathrooms are immacuately clean. Beds and linens very comfortable ensuring a good nights sleep. Breakfast buffet is wonderful and will keep you energized all day.

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean, and beds are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Virginia. I am happy you were comfortable with state of cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. And I agree, the hot breakfast buffet makes a great start to the day - whether it included the crepes or omelet made to order - or maybe both!

Safe travels!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent the weekend in the Bras d'or Lakes Inn. I must say we were very pleased with condition of the premises and the food. St Peter's is a beautiful place in Nova Scotia where the canal allows boats to enter the Bras D'or Lakes from the Atlantic Ocean. The rooms were comfortable and very very clean. Washrooms well maintained and spotless clean with lots of hot water. Coffee maker and small fridge included in the room was nice. The Inn is on the lakes and is very scenic. The morning breakfast buffet is outstanding, but is my understanding the dinning room shuts down for the late fall winter months. It is nice to see the management hire 2nd and 3rd year students from the culinary school and all staff were well mannered and eager to serve the clients. Well done to the management and staff who are keeping this Inn well maintained, spotless clean with emphasis on serving their clients.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Brasdor, Public Relations Manager at Bras d'Or Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

St. Peter’s is a beautiful place where the ocean meets the inland sea by way of the historic St. peter's canal. Jean Pierre and Rhoda are glad to have purchased the Inn some 10 years ago and managed it in such a manner that they can provide their clients, and instill in their staff, some of the best of values in accommodation, service and dining experiences to be found on the island.

And you are correct, the dining room is usually open from spring until mid-October, closing after Celtic Colours. Rooms are available year round however - with continental breakfast included when the dining room is closed.

Thank you very much for your commendation. And enjoy Cozumel – another nice island – and with great scuba diving.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Bras d'Or Inn is a gem in the picturesqueness of Cape Breton. A quaint log-style inn, with a fabulous dinner menu. Our room was cozy, wooden log panelled walls with the most comfortable beds to sink down into. It wasn't a big room, but enough for a couple of nights stay. The bathroom was sparkly clean. Morning buffet had everything one could want, from prepared to your liking omelettes, many more warm choices, crepes, cereals and a good array of breads to toast. Dinner was the best we had on our trip..a great menu. And resident dog Bailey had a little tail wag welcome to the inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks Bob for sharing your thoughts about the Inn. It is wonderful you fully enjoyed the dining and accommodation and Bailey's welcome wag. And of course, if we were Bailey, our tail would be wagging too! Being a dog or cat in Cape Breton is great. Living at the Inn – imagine.