“A serene part of the Pyrenees made all the more relaxing by excellent and friendly service from the hosts”
Review of Au Petit Verger

Au Petit Verger
Ranked #1 of 8 Puivert B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Fantastic location. The perfect relaxing getaway for those who want some time out. Our hosts were friendly and very helpful in ensuring we made the most of our stay. We spent a lot of our time relaxing by the lake in the lovely village of Puivert. We were made to feel very welcome and the accommodation was excellent, clean and very homely. Waking up to a continental breakfast each morning and coming home to a delicious homecooked meal every night was certainly one of the highlights of the trip. I was particularly impressed that some ingredients were even homegrown! I'll definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank s a
Martyn P, Owner at Au Petit Verger, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Thank you for your generous comments. We hope to welcome you back to Au Petit Verger in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Great location in a small village close to castles, gorges and plenty of other scenic towns and places to visit. Perfect for relaxing walks, nearby gliding and cycling. The B&B was clean, homey, and well run. Rooms were large and very comfortable. Martyn is an amazing cook and the food delicious. My best experience was the guided road bike tour accomodated through the Chambre. The area has great roads and is one of the most beautiful places I have ridden. It was made even better with an excellent guide describing the history along the way. I also recommend checking out the local glider ride as well, the only way to see such spectacular views of the Pyranees from the sky.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Martyn P, Owner at Au Petit Verger, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

It is one of the things I enjoy most, showing guests what a fantastic cycling area this is!

Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

We spent a wonderful few days at this guest house and would certainly recommend it to others. The location is ideal for walking and cycling and is in a beautiful spot in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Our hosts provided lots of information about what activities were possible and we also spent much of our time just chilling out by the lake in the lovely little village of Puivert, 5 mins from the guest house. We found the accommodation excellent and rooms were spotlessly clean, light and airy. We ate wonderful breakfasts of fresh bread and croissants and Martyn prepared excellent meals for us in the evenings and also offered friendly conversation which was great for finding out more about day to day life in France. The whole family were extremely welcoming and the kids were so sweet and polite! Great place, fantastic beef bourgignon, much recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your encouraging remarks, it makes it worthwhile for us when our guests are so satisfied.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

A quiet family run location with excellent home cooked food available. Fresh bread and croissants from the local bakery each morning as well as a selection of cereals etc and fresh coffee.
The area is great for walking and biking, or just relaxing. A short walk (10 min) takes you out to the nearby lake where there is a picnic area and onwards to the valley.
With views of the spacious garden or across the valley the simply decorated rooms are light and airy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank alexk478
Martyn P, Owner at Au Petit Verger, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

We spent 5 nights at Au Petit Verger in Puivert which is a beautiful lakeside village in the Pyrenees. Martyn and family could not have been better hosts, providing wonderfully fresh continental breakfasts and delicious French evening meals upon request. The rooms were sizable, clean and comfortable with en-suite. Puivert is a great location to explore the Pyrenees by car, bike or on foot and a visit to the Mediterranean is well worth a day trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gareth P

Thank you for your visit and good luck with your forthcoming marriage. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

An awesome location on the edge of the village of Puivert with the castle behind you. Really well looked after by all the family. Superb place to relax, walk, cycle, sightsee or just get a tan. Truly French breakfast and evening meals available which are great.
We will certainly return.
Helen and Bede

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Summer262012

Book soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2012

In comparison with other B&B experiences (and the handful of hotels I stayed in while hiking part of the Sentier du Cathar) this was a unique and ultimately satisfying experience. The room I had was spacious (it appears designed for four people) with a clean and pleasant bathroom and a window looking out toward the hills down the valley. The bed was quite comfortable. The proprietors, Martyn and Ann Pickering, are a pleasant young couple, English ex-pats like over half the hosts I stayed with, with three delightful (and very energetic) young children. In contrast to several of the other places I stayed on the trip, I was seated for dinner and breakfast alone at a table in a separate room; the children proudly took turns delivering each course of the meal - which I found quite charming. I was warmly welcomed into the living area to watch a football (soccer) match with Martyn, which was quite enjoyable. I am gluten-intolerant, and Martyn thoughtfully prepared a very tasty dinner without any wheat - and a totally satisfying omelette for breakfast. As often happens (I think I'm lucky in my choice of accommodations) I left feeling that these are people I would enjoy getting to know better. For the price, this B&B delivers excellent quality - and its location, right at the entrance of town, is very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank David R

David thank you and sorry I have not replied before. The bit I like best is the 'young couple'. I guess it must be the lifestyle here that keeps me looking that way even if I can't really claim to be any longer!!