“we were very satisfied”
Review of Au Petit Verger

Au Petit Verger
Ranked #1 of 8 Puivert B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We would like to share here our excellent experience with this hotel and to recommend it to others. If you will make the reservation here, you will find hospitality, clean and comfortable rooms, delicious breakfast with home made marmalades.. Mr Martyn with his family has given us the feeling - we are at home. Thank you very much:-) Gabriela & friends from Czech republic

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gabriela D
Martyn P, Owner at Au Petit Verger, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Gabriela you are so kind, it was an absolute pleasure to have you and your friends here as guests. Please come back soon when you can escape again from your 'duties'. Or bring your family.

There are newer reviews for Au Petit Verger

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Recently spent 3 nights here; peaceful location, friendly, hospitable and knowledgable host for whom nothing is too much trouble. Made to feel completely at home by Martin and his family. OK, it's not 4 star luxury, but you can't expect that in a small pension in an area that caters mainly for walkers, cyclists and the like. Rooms are clean with most of the essentials (no kettle but Martin let us have "the run of the place" so the kettle in the kitchen was always available), breakfast (continental) was substantial with a bottomless coffeepot, and, for an extra 22 Euros per person, the evening meal was not to be missed: we had a salad starter, Tartiflette (potatoes, veg, cheese -Roblechon???- and sauce--melted in the mouth and SO tasty-unbelievable!!) with apple crumble to follow.
Would strongly recommend to anybody thinking of staying in the area; just hope that they have better weather than us!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pcash375
Martyn P, Owner at Au Petit Verger, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Summer promised for next week. Thanks for your lovely comments, glad you like the food. Come again!!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is one of my favourite places to stay, the moment you reach Au Petite Verger Martyn and his family make you feel at home straight away. I am absolutely spoilt with the cooking being a Vegetarian it is a real treat to have a different meal every evening that is so tasty that each meal consists of seconds every time! The Village is delightful and needs to be explored! The Region is fantastic, with stunning views and amazing cycle rides. Martyn is very knowledgable of the area and has taken us on rides around Foix which he modified to my fitness level! I feel so relaxed here, I can honestly say this is the best B&B I have been to, when you leave you will already be thinking about your return trip!

Room Tip: The blue room is my fav, with a view of the village and church.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy H
Martyn P, Owner at Au Petit Verger, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Wendy and you and Paul are welcome back whenever you want to come. I hope we play a small part in the improvements you are making in your own cycling abilities. I pushed you a bit last time you were here. BUT YOU DID IT!!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

British-run B & B's in France are generally lovely places to stay, as the owners tend to give us travelling Brits exactly what we want - and Le Petit Verger is no exception. I had a very spacious, simply furnished room, with a shower in the corner. The loo was down a few steps - which I hadn't expected, but wasn't a problem for me. The house is very much a family home, with kids of varying sizes very much in evidence, which gives it a different atmosphere to many B & B's - but they seem to enjoy having guests! The evening meal was good - the guests helped themselves, then the dish went off to the family kitchen to be (almost) emptied by the children - and the breakfast was a generous one. All in all, Le Petit Verger is excellent value for dinner, bed and breakfast. But the best thing about the stay was Martyn's advice about a cycle route - he ensured I had my best day out, on a trip full of good days! So THANKS to him. It really is a wonderful region for cycling.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cultural_dessert
Martyn P, Owner at Au Petit Verger, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Really glad you enjoyed that ride, the passage through the Gorge de Galamus on a bike is amazing isn't it! If you ever feel like a cycle holiday from a base, without all that luggage, think of us, we can promise lots of great days out.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Just got back from a weeks stay at Au Petit Verger and still smiling from the experience! Not being a great or an adventurous cook myself I was well impressed with the food which was without a doubt top notch and so very tasty too.

A beautiful house that was well presented and as it was quiet I had the pick of the rooms which were all slightly different but well presented. Martyn and his family were wonderful hosts and made me feel very welcome, as did the stunning log burning fire which was kept on the go giving the house a lovely warmth and cosy feel.

The family room was quite spacious had its own ensuite and included a table and chairs which will be perfect for when I return with my children in the summer. They will love the bunk beds and was glad to note a cot was available too. The rooms all felt light and airy and clean. Was amazed to find Martyn pretty much runs the place on his own wish I had his energy lol!

The village was picturesque, the lake a few minutes walk away with a beautiful beach, kids play park and a footy pitch to keep the wee ones amused.
Have to recommend you visit the Chateau Puivert and go right to the top as the views are amazing, you can even see Au Petit Verger from there.

I will definitely be returning but next time I'll be taking the kids as I know now that they will love it too.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any choice but it has to be the family room for me, for ease of space and fu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirsty G
Martyn P, Owner at Au Petit Verger, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon. Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

A wonderful part of southern france to visit, made all the more wonderful by Martyn and his family. He is a magnificent chef, and catered beautifully to our vegetarian requests each night by preparing delicious 3 course meals each night. We stayed in the Family room which was perfect for our family of four. The entire hotel is well kept and and managed and made all the more charming by the presence of his children. Martyn will go out of his way to help you with your individual needs. The location was perfect for us, and we enjoyed walking up to the chateau which is directly behind the property and also to the lake and around the village. We all look forward to visiting Martyn and the Puivert area again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank haidee12
Martyn P, Owner at Au Petit Verger, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

I've just realised I never replied to this review but actually you have already been back at least twice since and sent other people so I assume you really liked us!! Best wishes Martyn and Ann

Reviewed 17 December 2012

A very warm welcome from English-born Martyn and his large, French-speaking brood of beautiful children - all of which very well versed in looking after guests it would seem! We were uncertain of finding anywhere suitable to stay at late notice and thankfully there was room for two at this charming little island of home comforts the Pyrenees.

We were given impassioned and lively insight into local history, top tips on the local restaurants and even borrowed a set of bikes for a spot of cycling! The walking around the area was also superb and we didn't have to go very far for our activities.

After three nights (one more than planned) it was unfortunately time to get back to the programme, but Au Petit Verger is already high on the list for our next visit to the area and we hope to visit again very soon.

Room Tip: blue one was lovely - nicely fitted washroom!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puivert
La Chaumiere
Le Relais des Marionnettes
Green Horizons
Green Horizons
#4 of 8 in Puivert

Been to Au Petit Verger? Share your experiences!