See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 May 2012

First and foremost, I enjoyed my stay in the hostel. I can only give it a "3" for reasons I'll list shortly. I liked the desk staff. Very informal, college dormitory feel to the interaction and they are mostly British and Australian, so they speak English and Swiss German. I am over 50, but hostels have figured prominently in my travel plans for years and this is the most at ease I've been in any of them. The kitchen was accessible and clean and there were cooking pans and tools and plates and silverware. Just a 10 minute walk from the train station, it was conviently located and, on sunny days you can lounge on the slightly cluttered (a kayak, some weeds, some lawn chair, a broken table and an ash tray) roof top and drink a local beer and gaze at the Alps
The down side: Mildew in the showers, you can't eat in your room, the beds are just a little uncomfortable and I imagine it could be noisy during the high season (I was there in September)
Despite my average rating, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

After about 2 minutes in the Swiss Lodge, it's clear you're going to have a good time. Terry and Judith, the owners, speak exceptional English and are accustomed to a wide range of travelers from around the world. Not only did they offer a very tasty breakfast (included in the price of the hotel), but also great suggestions for dinner, hiking, skiing, and other local activities. We felt immediately at home at this warm hotel. Also, they're ideally located. A few blocks off the main drag, they offer easy access to all the local hot spots, while also providing a quiet, secluded place to unwind. The rooftop terrace is an especially wonderful place to have a glass of wine and watch the sunset over the alps and this cozy town. We will definitely be back. Thanks guys!

Room tip: Though some rooms say they have a "bathroom down the hall," Terry ensured we had an ensuite bathroom. So I would definitely request this if you have the options.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Lea, Karen and Terry! Great staff, give good advice on tourism and are fun to talk to.
I stayed there for 2 nights from 13th - 14th Sep 2009 in a 6 bunk bed dorm for CHF27/night (bf incl).

Facts:
- Very good price considering the prices in interlaken.
- great helpful and friendly staff
- Basic breakfast: cereals, milk, ovaltine, coffee, apples, butter etc. But nice breakfast lounge. There is a kitchen where you can use.
- Rooms are a bit tight due to the bunk beds. But I had the opportunity to see a double ensuite room which is really good for 2 people.
- It is in a good location not far from the main road in interlaken across the river but only 10 mins walk. and closer to the West train station.
- Don't be misled by reading that it is in unterseen, it is still interlaken.

~~~Keep in mind to confirm the check-inn and out time as it may vary with seasons. and note that Interlaken closes early in the night except for eateries and restaurants.
- Nice place to socialize and interact with other tourists.
- Internet can be used in an annex building infront on 2nd floor.

Shared my room with 4 jolly irish youngsters (college students) backpacking across europe. There is an ensuite bathroom in the rooms.

It was my first trip to Switzerland and I fell in love with the whole country just because of this beautiful town and its gentle and sweet people.

I plan to return to Interlaken and would love to stay at this place again, but this time in the double room.

I certainly recommend and do plan to return.

Room tip: If you are 2 or a couple then choose the double ensuite room.
Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2011

during our trip we received well behavior from all staffs including manager. They are nice.

Sankar

Date of stay: August 2011
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed for one night and found it alright. Not the nicest hostel ever and the room smelled a bit musty. Pillow wasnt the best but room was alright, bathroom was usuable and staff was helpful for information about interlaken. Definitely not a hotel and more of a backpackers place

Date of stay: September 2011