“Another perfect stay”
Review of Aparthotel Goldey

Aparthotel Goldey
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is our 7th stay at this hotel and as always, the staff were personable and professional, the food was plentiful and varied, the accommodation was clean and calming.

I have read other reviews concerning Goldey and for those that have awarded low scores, I would question if they stayed at the same place and was served by the same people as me.

I will certainly be planning my 8th visit for 2014.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We accidentally got this place because our hotel reservations at another place were cancelled. We were so pleased with the change. The staff had a welcoming message for us on a card when we arrived and the view over the river and to the mountains was gorgeous. The room was somewhat small but very adequate. We enjoyed going out to the balcony to take pictures of the ever changing scenery. The staff was so helpful and nice in giving us ideas of what to do and how to get to the train stations. The breakfast was an array of fruit, rolls, bread, cheeses and whatever juice and drink you desired. Afternoon tea and extra yummy cakes, etc. were special. When we left, they were kind in splitting the bill between my girlfriend and myself. They even had a can of chocolates to give to each of us as we left. What a nice hotel! I would definitely recommend this out of the way and scenic place. Was so much better than where we had originally planned to stay and only a five-minute to the main touristy area of Interlaken. Walking to train stations were 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights in this hotel. It was the perfect distance from the busy touristy strip, just a short walk over the bridge. We had the river view side, absolutely gorgeous and well worth the extra charge. The cleaning staff was excellent. Front desk was incredibly helpful. And to top it all off, they had bikes we could take for day. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is quite basic for the price that you pay, although everything in this area is expensive!

The staff are really nice and helpful, and the breakfast is great and included in the price. They also gave us some discount cards to use around Interlaken which came in handy a couple of times.

The wifi didn't really work in the room, however it worked in the bar area so we just had a drink while going online.

It's close to everything, and the best part is that you get to use their bicycles, which is a great way to get around Interlaken.

They gave us some delicious chocolates as a lovely parting gift.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Great place with great location . I went there with my father , my wife and my son . The best 3 days in Switzerland I spent in that hotel . Just foot steps from the lake . Rooms were clean . With friendly staff . Just 5 minutes walk from the downtown . All in all it was a great place to stay in. Just the breakfast did not have a variety of selections .

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Not cheap, but a good hotel, well-located and with lovely views of the fronting river and distant mountains. Comfortable, modern and well-equipped rooms, decent breakfast buffet, helpful staff - and free entry to a wonderful public swimming pool 5 minutes away. Pleasant riverside garden with chairs, tables and loungers. Walking distance to both rail stations and town centre. It would be good if the Reception desk was staffed later in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

The room we had was facing the jungfrau and waking up to that every morning was amazing. It was right by the river which made for pleasant walks.
The breakfast selection was not too extensive but acceptable.
At night it got a bit too warm and we had to leave the door open which resulted in man mosquitoes inundating the room. The next day we asked for fan so that was much better.
However I do feel by spending a tad more I could have stayed at a more fancy place.
Some points:
1. Reception closes at 10 pm so please advise them if you are arriving after that time. Same for early checkout before 6 I believe
2. July is hot so you may want to request a fan in the room
3. 15 mins walk from Interlaken ost station

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Beausite
Hotel Bellevue
Hotel Bellevue
#13 of 39 in Interlaken
Hotel Royal St. Georges Interlaken - MGallery Collection

Been to Aparthotel Goldey? Share your experiences!