“Exceeded my expectations”
Review of Aparthotel Goldey

Aparthotel Goldey
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Unterseen
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I've traveled solo to many cities and have stayed in many hotels and Hotel Goldey will be the first to receive a 5 star rating from me. I've never rate a hotel 5 stars on TripAdvisor before, even the ones which is a 5 stars hotel that is much more luxury.

I checked In on the Swiss National Day, unplanned I did not know how big of an event this was. I booked the dinner which the hotel hosted and even though I was by myself but the staff still gave me personal attention. Breakfast had lots of choices for a 3 stars hotel, too bad I did not get the time to enjoy their free coffee and cake during the afternoon.

Although Hotel Goldey is a 3 stars accommodation with basic essentials but the staff and the hospitality provided was 5 stars to me. I found everyone so kind and friendly, helpful and so accommodating, everyone made me felt very welcomed.

The hotel was located 10-15 minutes walk from the stations but it was worth it because the area is so lovely plus it is also easy to walk to, or can take a taxi as well.

Room for me was big enough as I'm a single traveler and I loved how I got a balcony room, the view even though was on the side I still see the beautiful scenery.

Overall I was very happy and if I ever one day go back to Interlaken region again I will stay here. Great job to everybody, I totally loved it.

Room Tip: Room facing the lake will give amazing view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SSPOL
There are newer reviews for Aparthotel Goldey

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We chose this hotel because we needed a place with car parking close to the centre of Interlaken.
It was an excellent choice. The hotel has ample free parking and the town centre can be reached by just crossing a bridge and walking 5 minutes.
We were given a family room, with 2 interconnecting rooms (one with a balcony facing the mountains), a small lounge, a small dining room (table & 4 chairs), and bathroom. Also 2 TVs, minibar & safe. The family room was very spacious, although furniture was a bit basic. There was also free tea/coffee/hot chocolate in the room. All this was reasonably priced.
The breakfast was good with a limited hot buffet (scrambled eggs, sausages and mushrooms but no bacon). The breakfast room has a fantastic view of the Jungfrau, when its not raining!.
The staff were extremely helpful with good advice on what to do and how to get the best prices. The hotel definitely has a personal touch.
There is free wifi on the ground floor; occasionally you can pick up the signal from the room.
On check-in, we were given discount cards for Interlaken; they saved us a little, but not much. The major mountain attractions do not accept them.
I would recommend this hotel because it exceeds 3-star standards and service.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just finished a week's stay at the Hotel Golden. We give it rave reviews. The staff are awesome and the service impeccable. The hotel itself is perfectly situated, not in the midst of the hubbub of Interlaken but just a few minutes away on foot. Great views of the river and the mountains from the dining room, lounge and patio. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and we had the half-board package which included a 3 course dinner nightly, which was consistently excellent (thanks, Monika).

This is our first trip to Europe and we are so thankful that we chose to come to Interlaken and the Hotel Godley. Aside from a little rain, it was the perfect maiden voyage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JEL316
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A spur-of-the-moment trip to Interlaken led us to Hotel Goldey after a wee keek at Tripadvisor. I'm glad it did. Usually in such cases our hotel rooms invariably overlook car parks, walls, bins, but the view from our balcony at Hotel Goldey lifted our hearts. Warm, balmy air, blue-green river flowing by and a magnificent range of mountains facing us with snow-clad Jungfrau framed in the middle (only slightly marred by the ugly grey bulk of the Metropole Hotel across the water - not the town planner's best idea). The hotel is situated in Unterseen, a quieter location across the river from Interlaken, but only 5 minutes from the centre by the nearby footbridge and midway between the east and west railway stations. There is the occasional noise of trains crossing the bridge but that did not bother us. There is a good selection of restaurants nearby.The room was bright, clean and comfortable with a good shower though the nights were rather warm as there is no air-con.The balcony was a great place to unwind and watch the evening light dim the mountains. A nice touch was the help-yourself coffee and cake in the lounge from 2-5pm and there is an outdoor terrace to relax on. Breakfasts were good - fresh fruit, cereals, nuts and seeds, cold meats and cheeses, a hot option, a great selection of bread and homemade jam. All fresh and delicious. We found all the staff to be helpful, efficient and friendly with a good knowledge of the area and the excursions available - some of which can be booked at the hotel. Would we recommend Hotel Goldey? Definitely.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We planned our vacation to Interlaken in less than two weeks. We had no real knowledge about the destination other than it was a great place for adventure. We selected Hotel Goldey based on TripAdvisor reviews and American Express Travel. We stayed for 5 nights and did everything the area had to offer for adventure. The hotel was the perfect place to stay and did not disappoint. The staff was wonderful (although the women that runs breakfast could smile a bit more) and did everything they could to help us, including making great recommendations for diner, shopping and hiking. The rooms are more than accommodating. Clean, well appointed and the balcony was the perfect respite from a busy day in the mountains. You are right on a beautiful river and look at the amazing mountain scenery every morning, including a spectacular view of Junggrau. I read some reviews where people said the didn't like the breakfast. They had to be looking for something to complain about. In my opinion we picked a great place to stay on our visit to Interlaken. By the time we left Natalie and the other staff members felt more like friends than staff. Great place, great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the river.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

as a week is scarcely long enough in this region. I reinforce all those positive reviews that have been written, it is comfortable and reasonably convenient for Interlaken but, since almost every excursion went through Lauterbrunnen, we perhaps should have stayed there,

The hotel staff are so knowledgeable and helpful that every trip went as hoped. Most tickets can be bought at reception so avoiding the queues at the railway stations. Breakfast staff were very good too,

We had a room on the south and one on the west side. The views from the south are magnificent - the Jungfrau and Jungfraujoch but who on earth gave planning permission for the truly ugly multistory monstrosity of hotel Metropole in the centre. It's right in the view and does detract - should be demolished! (Alternatively if you stay these, at least it won't spoil your view) The views from the west and east rooms are pretty good too - those sides have balconies too. Our rooms had no air-conditioning so we had to leave our balcony door open overnight to keep cool - this meant we had the noise from trains crossing the nearby rail bridge from about 6am. Perhaps we would have a north room next time as it's probably quieter and cooler.

Wi-fi was disappointing - it came and went in our rooms despite the device being on the wall outside our room - I reverted to my mobile as a modem. As an aside, 3G seemed to be available almost everywhere we went - even on the train going up to the Jungfaujoch (though not in the tunnel of course).

This hotel is actually in Unterseen and the centre of this area should not be neglected, very attractive, convenient local restaurants and shops - the shopping centre even has a river running though it.

It seemed very quiet in the hotel, the bar and lounge seemed little used so there was not much 'atmosphere` but maybe that's the Swiss hotel way. I would have liked to eat in but one has to plan this really as it's a set menu and you need to reserve by 18:00 The clientèle appeared to be short-stayers on the whole as we rarely saw the same faces twice.

We were pestered by flies both in the hotel lounge and almost every restaurant we went to - just a single fly each time but I say 'flies' as it seems unlikely it was the same one each time. I joked with some Americans that, one one appeared on a train, it was our guardian but they killed it and I'm still around so I guess it wasn't. Anyway it seemed unexpected in Switzerland.

We managed trips to Schilthorn, Mannlichen, Junfraujoch, Schnyge Platte and Spiez (by boat), all well worth it but the Jungfraujoch was amazing, Take sunglasses, warm clothes (inc. gloves) and, of course, one or more cameras.

Room Tip: Please see the main review for details on rooms.
1  Thank Lyteroptes
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have stayed at Hotel Goldey 4 times now and will keep going back. It has (in our opinion) the best location and views in the Interlaken area. It has the views of Jungfrau as well as the river, is central to both train stations, shopping and restaurants but being in Unterseen is off the beaten path and away from the noise of the city. We asked more questions of the hotel staff than we can count and they answered them all with enthusiasm. True, Wi-Fi didn't work in the room but there is a comfortable lounge downstairs overlooking the river where the Wi-Fi works perfectly. They have complimentary coffee and sweet treats every afternoon in the lounge. We did find that the breakfast staff seemed unhappy and weren't receptive to requests from guests. Even with these minor drawbacks, the positives far outweigh the negatives and we will definitely stay here again if we have the opportunity.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room overlooking the river and Jungfrau. It is worth the added cost.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Beausite
#5 of 8 in Unterseen
Hotel Bellevue
Hotel Bellevue
#12 of 40 in Interlaken

Been to Aparthotel Goldey? Share your experiences!