Hotel Roessli
US$247
US$168
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

US$210
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Post Hardermannli(Unterseen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/05
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$327
US$239
The Aarburg(Unterseen)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,262 results
All reviewsjean louisinterlaken west stationcroissantspost officehome away from homefamily run hoteltrain ticketsco ophot chocolatebreadquiet locationfew minutes walkbernese oberlandcoop supermarkettea and coffeewonderful hotelbreakfast room
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have stayed at the Roessli a number of times over the past twelve years. Last visited two years ago. It was time to return.
Christopher and his family could not be more helpful. Always concerned for our well being and most informative about trips into the mountains or on the lakes. He has a wealth of knowledge of mountain walking paths..
By booking ahead we enjoyed the same room and good terms as on previous occasions and this is typical of the care and attention to detail, so characteristic of the Andermat family,continuing the standards of Jean -Louis..
Whilst, the hotel has a long history, service and comfort are not old-fashioned at all.
For a comfortable stay close to interlaken West station, the Hotel Roessli is in a quiet quarter, just five minutes walking from the railway.
A ideal location in West Interlaken.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Everybody has different opinions and I don't agree with some of the statements of the other reviewers. I felt I received good value - at least for Switzerland! This is a homey, hospitable, family run establishment. Nothing luxurious, but the staff really made me feel welcome. My single room was very small, but clean.
One thing I noted, and this may be typical of many European hotels, is that the bedding seemed to lack a mattress pad and there was no top sheet. There was nothing between me and the quilt, or whatever they call the blanket.
The breakfast was quite good and the staff was more than eager to be helpful and offer suggestions. I certainly recommend this hotel and would be happy to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank EAZELIFF
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our experience at this hotel was similar to tracyr_75, below. We didn't really focus on the 2 star rating, either. While we thought Christopher and Caroline were very friendly and helpful, there was nothing here that would bring us back to this hotel.
The room didn't seem like it had been updated since about 1980, the sheets were old and "nubby", the towels were small, although the hotel and the room were clean. But it all just looked old. It really needs a complete refresh/update inside and out.
Just FYI, the rooms are upstairs on either the 2nd or 3rd floor, and there is no elevator.
Also, on our first full day here, when we got back to the room around 3 or 4 pm, our room still hadn't been made up. There had been a lot of check outs that day, and the front desk said it would be done by 5 pm. Honestly, I don't think the hotel was full that night, and I think it would have been nice to clean the rooms of the current guests first, where possible. We were out of the room early in the morning (probably by 9:00) and for the minimal amount of "cleaning" that had to be done in the room, it would have been nice to arrive back at 3 or 4 pm with the room clean, if they weren't fully booked for that night, which they didn't seem to be.
The hotel is located in Unterseen, which is a "suburb" of Interlaken. It is within walking distance of the Interlaken West train station, and that's basically the only way to get there - they don't offer a shuttle or van service, as far as we could tell - and it's a good 15 minute + walk, if you don't know where you are going, and if you have a good amount of luggage, which we did. If it was raining, and you had luggage, wow. Fortunately, it is a very walkable, safe area. As a matter of fact, there are buses that run in the Interlaken area, and there are a couple of bus stops only a half a block from the hotel, as well as a main bus stop at the train station.
Despite the fact that this is Switzerland, and everything here is more expensive, we felt the price we were charged for the room was excessive, based on the condition of the room and the hotel, itself.
My rating of average is based on 2 star hotels - so it's an average 2 star hotel. I don't know how it can achieve all of the excellent ratings it gets. I think of excellent as being "top of the line".

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nfall2010
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed to nights in May 2014. The staff was excellent, the room was clean, and the breakfast was more then adequate. The advertised view was laking. The only thing I could see from the balcony was the Italian restaurant next door and the parking lot. If i leaned out far enough a peered to the left I could catch a glimpse of the peaks. All in all I felt that the quality of the product was good, but the cost was over the top.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I liked everything about this rustic hotel, especially the staff. Barbara greeted us with genuine warmth and hospitality (and excellent English). She and Christopher had the answers to every question, helped us arrange our excursion into the mountains, sold us train tickets, provided restaurant recommendations (Cafe de Paris was wonderful) and made us feel like part of the family. Accommodations were just my style: simple, clean, comfortable. Wifi worked fine and breakfast was very good. The review posted on Booking.com, by Charles from Spain, Feb 2014 says it all. I just wish I'd known ahead of time how beautiful Interlaken is, and how much we'd like this hotel: I'd have stayed several more days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple