“nice, cozy hotel in a small beautiful city”
Review of Hotel Roessli

Hotel Roessli
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Unterseen
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I just came back from my vacation in Germany, Switzerland and Italy. It was supposed to be a family vacation with my wife and my son, but it turned down that my son passport expired and we noticed that only when we were boarding the plane. In the end my wife and my son
had to stay home. The bad news was that it was too late to cancel any of the hotels we have booked,air and train tickets etc. Even though the vacation was spoiled from the very beginning I really enjoyed Interlaken and surrounding area. I spent two nights and one full day at Rossli hotel on the way to Italy from Germany through Switzerland. Rossli hotel is a small family run cozy hotel in Interlaken West. I booked a triple room for my family but when I arrived alone and explained my situation to the owners of the hotel they were so kind to put me in a smaller room and reimburse me the price difference. I had a fantastic view from my balcony on the snow peaks of Eiger. There is a nice hiking trail along the river with a gorgeous views which starts one block from the hotel and a nice Italien restaurant next door. I spent a full day hiking in the mountains but only saw a fraction of what I planned to see. Now, I realize that If I to start my trip over again I would spend more time (at least 3 full days) in that area in the expense of other places I visited. I am very grateful to the owner of the hotel, Jean-Lois for the warms and hospitality I meet while staying there and would highly recommend this place both for family and single travelers

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 July 2009

Hotel Rossli is no doubt the best value of any hotel in Interlaken, clean, comfortable, cozy, with very good location, about 5 minutes walk to the West Station, rigth next to the very center of the town, with very helpful staff.

The owner, John, who leant that I am learning French and love the French songs, and wondered where to get my favourite songs' CD, he went to a local store and got the CD for me, which gave me a very big surprise and happiness! Every morning he served us very good taste of the Coffee and the breakfast was great!

Christopher was very helpful in giving us very detailed information and advices on how to plan the sightseeing tours, where to find the best local restaurant which serve the local swiss dishes. They also sell tickets, which save us some tour cost and time. This is really helpful and great!

We had a wonderful stay in Interlaken for 3 nights, during our tours to Junfraujoch and Schilthorn. We enjoyed Hotel Rossli and would definitely go back to stay at this hotel if we plan our second trip to Switzerland. Highly recommend this hotel to our friends and people who want to stay at Interlaken.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2009

This is our first time to Switzerland, but we feel so great and comfortable because we have chosen a right hotel to stay!!! Jean-Louis and his son are very helpful and nice. They always give good advice to our trip. We can buy the tickets for Jungfrau there. The breakfast is good, especially the croissants. We will never forget the smile of Jean-Louis! We really want to visit Interlaken again, of course, stay in the Rossli Hotel again.

Reviewed 24 July 2009

The Rossli is a wonderful place to stay and the best value of any hotel in which I stayed in Switzerland. The chalet-style building had very clean, cozy, comfortable rooms with desk, wardrobe, and sink. My room had a view of the Jungfrau. The bathroom and common areas were kept immaculate. Soap, shampoo, towels and hand towels were provided in abundance, which is not always the case in Swiss or European budget accommodation. There was a common room with TV, internet, and a big library of DVD’s. The bed was comfortable and the bedding appeared to be brand new. The all-you-can-eat breakfast was an experience and among the best I had on my two-month trip. My favorite thing about the Rossli, however was Jean-Louis who, with a pleasantly dry sense of humor, goes out of his way every day to make his guests feel welcome. The hotel is conveniently located a few blocks from the western train station right next to the very center of town so just about everything is within about a five-minute walk including restaurants and supermarkets. The eastern train station is a pleasant 15 minute walk. Food is not allowed in the rooms but there is no objection to having a beer or eating on the porch, even my pungent goat-cheese.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2009

The service at this hotel is superb, We (10 bikers, 10 bikes) when we pulled up the owner was straight out to greet us all and make sure our bikes were safe and under cover for the night. Check in was simple and we were shown to our rooms straight away. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, My party wanted a night out in Interlaken and the owner gave us his local advice and also booked us into our choosen Restaurant, The hotel bar was good and when we all returned late it was no trouble for the staff to serve us. Breakfast was more than ample nothing was too much trouble, in all a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We highly recommend staying at this hotel. Christopher & Jean-Louis were very helpful. Just ask & they will do whatever they can to accommodate you. Christopher set up our para gliding experience! A must do! With one phone call the reservation was made & the paragliding company even picked us up at the hotel. Jean-Louis was very entertaining during our breakfast (which was great also). His jokes & hospitality were outstanding. He started your day off with a smile. Even if you woke up in a bad mood, that would change after you saw him at breakfast. We have never stayed at a hotel with people as friendly & helpful as these guys were. They are family friendly. We travel allot & this was a place I would not hesitate to recommend to any friend or family member, even the president! LOL That's for you Jean-Louis!! The hotel was in a great location as far as walking distance. They even give you a bus pass free!
Mike (expresso man), Lisa & Samantha

Reviewed 23 July 2009

We stayed at Hotel Rossli for a night. Location is very close to train station. John (hotel owner) is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Beausite
#28 of 39 in Interlaken
Hotel Krebs
Hotel Krebs
#10 of 39 in Interlaken

Been to Hotel Roessli? Share your experiences!