“Time to rest and enjoy Switzerland”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Roessli

Hotel Roessli
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Unterseen
Austin
“Time to rest and enjoy Switzerland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

I had been traveling through Europe for 3 weeks before I got to Rossli hotel so I had been in other hotels (countries) before I arrived here. Therefore, I can compare my stay with other places. In general the experienced was superb! One thing to mention is that enjoyed the intimacy Rossli had to offer. It seemed to me as if I was coming back to a home rather than just to a hotel. The staff (and owner) made it feel this way. Since I was traveling solo, I would come to the hotel and sit on the comfortable porch to eat or have a beer after a day of physical activity. The setting with beautiful mountains in the background and having a friendly person (Jean Louis) share conversations was amazing. By the way, thanks to a recommendation he gave me to watch the documentary "home" I was able to reflect and look back and want to return to the beautiful town of Interlaken. Whenever I go back, I will return to Rossli hotel. So I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

hotel is excellent. couldn't ask for a warmer welcome. staff very friendly and nice. location excellent!

• Stayed June 2009
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

The hotel is very conveniently located, a few minutes walk from the train station. We stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time. The hotel owners were great and made sure we were comfortable....

• Stayed July 2009
WIEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2009

Those are the memories Ieft behind in interlaken with the hotel rosslli.
The location of the hotel is quite close to the west station. I stayed only for one night, and the manager recommended me to have a walk tour of the small town, especially the panaroma view of the town on the top of a building. Eventhough interlaken is a small town, as Jean-louis recommended, one day is too short to stay, at least I should have had time to climb the beautiful mountain. Anyway, I had the chance to witness the beautiful pink cloud over the mountain at the sunset.
I stayed in a single room with a window view of the beautiful mountains. Thanks.
The breakfast is good especially the homemade coffee, sweet and considerate Jean-Louis.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friend, even I would love to come back to interlaken again and stay in this hotel in the near future.

Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank melodyinterlaken
birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2009

Stayed at Hotel Rossli in Unterseen, Interlaken, 3 minutes walk from Interlaken West Train station.

Basic and very clean hotel with good bathroom and nice views, comfortable bed and decor in traditional style with TV, no road noise or disturbances as it is off the main road and in a queit part of town. . This is privately owned and Jean-Louis and son Christopher run the establishment between them to a very good standard. They were available for advice at any time and were very up to date with travelling around the area even able to book tickets at the reception desk without having to travel to the resort itself to buy a ticket. Nice breakfast, which was accomodated to personal tastes, if required. Would definately stay here again and look forward to meeting Jean-Louis and Christopher again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Bucharest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

We had a room with balcony and a view of the snowy Jungfrau mountain. It was comfortable, clean and nice with a desk and a small TV. Bathroom is very clean. The internet worked nicely.

The breakfast was great. I especially liked the bread there and the service. A great place to wake up in the morning to the scent of good coffee and the joy-full jokes of the host Jean-Louis that makes the morning a delight to all of the guests. You can even make sandwiches to take for later and serve free tea.

The hotel has a room for watching movies, accessing the internet, toys for children and other things.

The service was great. We had no problems during our 6 days stay there.

The hosts are wonderful, welcoming and very warmhearted. We had great help for choosing the best routes to the places we've been to. Many thanks to Cristopher! We had great advice and found help-full information there.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
All in all it's the most welcoming hotel I've ever been to.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
riyadh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

my children keep asking me: are we comingback to hotel rossli?
what a wonderfull experience we had,we really enjoed staying there,food is fantastick,roomes are very clean,people are very friendly and helpfull.we hope that we repeat staying at asuch coozy hotel,thank u Joln.Cris.Hassan and everybody.
wish u the best.
AL-Mansour family,
Saudi Arabia

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Beausite
#8 of 40 in Interlaken
Waldhotel Unspunnen
Waldhotel Unspunnen
#33 of 40 in Interlaken

Been to Hotel Roessli? Share your experiences!