“No frills but decent hotel with personalized services”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Roessli

Hotel Roessli
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Unterseen
Hong Kong
“No frills but decent hotel with personalized services”
Reviewed 2 August 2009

It was my first time in the area. At first I was a bit disappointed at the low-rising (and less-than-modern) buildings in this tourist town. Later I realized that was probably a desirable feature (a blessing in disguise). My son was rather disappointed at the "no frills" situation: no telephone in the room, no free internet connectin, and only basic room/hotel facilities. I told him we should not expect a luxurious modern hotel at the foot of the Top of Europe (during the three days we stayed there we did not seem to find any luxurious modern hotel around). The hotel staff (Jean and his son Christoper) are very friendly and helpful in providing various information and advice in relation to what to do and see. Jean seemed to know every guest by name and greeted us every time with a cheerful, broad smile (and offers much help in everything). One night at 10pm I decided that maybe we'd go for paragliding. Christopher immediately called a company for a booking the next morning. It turned out to be a highlight during our 2-week tour of Europe. The hotel staff are very serious about taking their business personal--Jean sent me three e-mails asking me to write them a review. It is such personal attention to every guest, and the will to please every guest, that distinguishes Hotel Rossli from the rest of the many hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Barnsley
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Jean-louis and his son and daughter-in-law are really nice people who will go out of their way for you to make sure your stay is a good one. The food is excellent the rooms are really nice and comfortable. I would always reccomend the hotel to anyone visiting the area, I would definitely go back and hopefully will do in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
California
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I have stayed at Hotel Rossli many times over the past 9 years and I feel like it is my second home. The staff and especially the owner, Jean Louis, has always made me feel welcomed and always asks if I ever need anything when I arrived at breakfast or returned after a fantastic day of hiking in the amazing and beautiful Swiss Alps. The breakfast is delightful and hearty. The staff is always willing to give you suggestions on places to visit and a FREE bus pass is included. The location is less than a 5 minute stroll from Interlaken West train station and a Supermarket, ATM, Post Office, Pharmacy and a couple of great local Restaurants and Bars are all within 100 yards from your doorstep. The rooms are simple and very clean. The beds are very comfortable with cosy duvets/comforters. This is a true SWISS FAMILY hotel with tons of personality just minutes away from the crush of all the tourists and vehicle traffic. You won't be dissapointed. Be sure to try out a Bratwurst sandwich at Mr. Grill's snack trailer at Interlaken West Station.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Stay on the west side of Interlaken. There are some nice restaurants of all types, the river is just a couple blocks from the hotel, and the walk from the west train station is very easy upon your arrival. Walking to the east train station is not bad either (along the river or on the main drag). The staff at Hotel Rossli was very friendly and helpful. Christopher welcomed us home with a a cold beer each day and great advice for the next day's activities. Lucky Ming for Chinese just around the corner and Benacus for dinner (and wine) was a special treat. The only improvement that I could suggest would be to add air conditioning as the impact of climate change has hit Switzerland. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Austin
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I had been traveling through Europe for 3 weeks before I got to Rossli hotel so I had been in other hotels (countries) before I arrived here. Therefore, I can compare my stay with other places. In general the experienced was superb! One thing to mention is that enjoyed the intimacy Rossli had to offer. It seemed to me as if I was coming back to a home rather than just to a hotel. The staff (and owner) made it feel this way. Since I was traveling solo, I would come to the hotel and sit on the comfortable porch to eat or have a beer after a day of physical activity. The setting with beautiful mountains in the background and having a friendly person (Jean Louis) share conversations was amazing. By the way, thanks to a recommendation he gave me to watch the documentary "home" I was able to reflect and look back and want to return to the beautiful town of Interlaken. Whenever I go back, I will return to Rossli hotel. So I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
hampshire
Reviewed 1 August 2009

hotel is excellent. couldn't ask for a warmer welcome. staff very friendly and nice. location excellent!

• Stayed June 2009
Mumbai
Reviewed 1 August 2009

The hotel is very conveniently located, a few minutes walk from the train station. We stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time. The hotel owners were great and made sure we were comfortable....

• Stayed July 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Beausite
#8 of 40 in Interlaken
Waldhotel Unspunnen
Waldhotel Unspunnen
#33 of 40 in Interlaken

Been to Hotel Roessli? Share your experiences!