“Amazing location and service at good price”
Review of Hotel Roessli

Hotel Roessli
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Unterseen
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing location and service at good price”
Reviewed 14 July 2010

The sole purpose of my stay at Hotel Rossli was the closeness to Interlaken West station (about 3 mins walk) at quite cheap price, but I got much more than I bargained for.

It is located across three romantic river bridges and well away from the station, peacefully facing the silent mountain peaks. The staff (all in a family) were very helpful and got me interlaken trip bookings from the hotel itself.

The super cleanliness and tidiness of the rooms (and mainly the washrooms) was something that made me love the hotel and write this review. The well maintained lounge with free coffee all day long and FB world cup on TV in the room were added benefits.

To add at the end I hated the rest of my stay in Zurich and wished badly that I should have extended my stay at Interlaken with Rossli.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pune, India
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed there for 2 nights. It was a nice stay. hotel was very clean and Christopher was very friendly and helpful for planning the trip.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I think we enjoyed our stay at Interlaken because we stayed at Hotel Rossli which has a perfect location and wonderful amenities. Our stay was made even more pleasant with the wonderful hospitality from Jean-Louis-Christopher & team, and I now realize why Swiss hospitality benchmarks are so high & difficult to surpass!

We all liked Jean-Louis's funny but efficient ways at the breakfast hall, and the way he won hearts of even his youngest customers. He always made sure we were comfortable and if I may say, pampered. I travelled along with my wife, 1.5 year old daughter and my parents - and we all have come back with some fond memories, and hope to visit the Rossli again in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 10 July 2010

In that friendly family hotel I slept since 1997 more times on my business trips to Switzerland, now it was for the first time for a leisure week. And I am sure, that for nex I will use this hotel again. Why?
= in the hotel reception I will always find a friedly smiling person ready to speak about my wishes and recommend me the best for visiting in that wonderful region
= thanks the hotel staff every day starts in the breakfest room in a great and optimistic atmosphere. I feel there as in the own family.
= there is no doubt about the room equipment and cleanness, shortly high swiss quality and standard
= especially for me, unforgettable evening view from the hotel room balcony on the snow covered Monch and Jungfrau, a glass of wine is good but not necessary
=good hotel location not only in Interlaken but also for the whole Switzerland. In one day it is possible to visit by car many magic places in that country

HK
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Great location as it situated at 5 mins walk from the West station and easy to access. We are hving a superior room in the 2nd floor, nice room and is extremely clean.. you can find a dust in the room, everything is clean , including the bathroom. Room is sapcious and bed is comfortable and big enough. the location is located at a quite street and conventien to access supermarket and the town.
Everything is perfect except that out room is located close to the staircase, in case someone who went up and down in early morning, that would wake us up in the morning.

the owner Jean-Louis is exteremely friendly and sent you everything you're in need. Even help us to manage the laundry servcies (supposed to be self-services).

Breakfast is nice but not much surprise. I like the coffee, you can choose some lattee or else you like. Have a fresh brewed coffee in the monring is a gd start of the day.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2010

ew. All suggestions by Jean-Louis and Christopher were awesome! The one thing I have missed over the last weeks since leaving is Jean-Louis asking if I want more coffee in the morning! Jean-Louis is like a mother-hen making sure all the ducklings are taken of!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
India
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We had booked double-bed room for 4 nights in Hotel Rossli thru’ Venere.com. We reached Unterseen (Inerlaken West) by train from Zermat via Visp and Spiez. We had originally planned to get down in Interlaken OST, but in the hotel website and confirmation that we received from the property, direction to the hotel from Interlaken West was clearly given.

Only flaw in that is it advised to cross the train tracks towards Beatenberg direction. Crossing the tracks will arise only if one reaches Interlaken West from Interlaken OST direction. But if a tourist arrives from Spiez direction, there is no need to cross the tracks. The Hotel probably assumed all tourists would be arriving from OST side only. A new tourist might not know which Beatenberg direction is.

It is a very short distance from the Railway station, more so if you go thru’ the side road of Coop store. Though we had earlier informed the hotel that we would be arriving at Interlaken at 6 pm on 30th May 2010, we reached there at 2 pm itself and we were happy that the room was ready for our occupation.

We got our room in 2nd floor. Actually, it is first floor only though the Hotel calls it 2nd floor. The room was spacious enough for 2 people and neatly arranged. The bathroom could have been a little more spacious, but still it is not small. Available space has been utilized efficiently to give all comforts to the guests. There is a common room with library and toys for children in that floor. This is very useful for those who come with family. In the ground floor, there is a use-yourself coffee machine. Though they said it can be used any time you require, during morning hours after 5 a.m. you may not get this facility as the owner is busy readying Breakfast. The cost of BF is included in your room rent, but the choice is not only limited but also monotonous of the same items every morning.

Facilities such as freezer to keep your chocolates etc. are available. Biggest plus point for this hotel is the staff. If I got it right, the hotel is managed by father, son and daughter. All of them speak very good English. The son and daughter are ready with all information and provide you with every detail in a jiffy. They gave us a guest-pass for all the days we stayed with them. With this pass, one can travel free by bus/train between Interlaken OST and West and even upto Wilderswill. We visited Jungforjoch, Trummelbache and Mt. Titlis. They could provide us all useful information right from train timings to routes to be taken.

We had to extend our stay for one more night. They could accommodate us for the 5th night in a double room with bath and WC outside the room. We were worried about this arrangement, but to our surprise even this accommodation was very comfortable. They had provided water tap with wash basin inside the room itself and there were 3 baths and WC outside to be shared by 5 persons. Bath and WC were very clean and were available at all times. In fact we didn’t see anyone else using it. Free internet is included in the cost and there is no complaint.

Notable advantage for Indian tourists is there are quite a few Indian restaurants very near this Hotel.

Arrangement for room keys was unique. When you go out, at the reception, turn the key in the slot with number of your room clockwise and take out. Immediately insert your room key and turn anticlockwise, otherwise it will start emitting a sharp whistle. Now your room key is locked there. When you come back, if the front door is locked you can get in by using the key with you, but to go to your room, again turn your room key clockwise, and take out and then insert the other key and turn anti-clockwise.

Our stay in Rossli was a pleasant and comfortable experience very friendly staff, comfortable and noiseless room.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Beausite
#20 of 40 in Interlaken
Hotel Chalet Swiss
Hotel Chalet Swiss
#6 of 8 in Unterseen

Been to Hotel Roessli? Share your experiences!