All reviewsinterlaken west train stationbreakfast rooma quiet residential areasitting on the balconyan easy walk into townpicnic lunchyogurtpeaceful stayrestaurant recommendationsbreadrooms are cleanrainy daya wonderful place to stayroom numbersmall balconyelectric kettlehard boiled eggs
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My newly married wife and I traveled to Interlaken to enjoy the great outdoors and some piece and quiet and we were on our honeymoon. This was the perfect place for that. Tucked away in a very quiet residential area with beautiful views of the Swiss Alps (In particular Jungfrau and Monch with the Eiger just off to the left) and the downtown area within walking distance (shopping and food). The "breakfast" area is a separate room off the "bed" area so you never hear the clanging of forks and chatter of voices when waking up in the morning which is wonderful. Bedrooms were very clean and everything was very maintained. My only negative comment would be the very thin walls. A family was staying next to our room and when they arrived late at night from dinner you could hear everything they were doing from playing games, to laughing, to watching tv. Now for those that have stayed in B&B's before, this is normal, so DON'T veer away from this place simply because of that. This is a great find with a warm inviting feel and great hospitality. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Because i was not familiar with Interlaken, I had no idea where to stay. After reading many reviews, I decided to contact Tanja at Sunny Days B&B. She promptly responded to my email and I booked a room. Prior to arriving, I called to ask for a referral for para gliding. Tanja offered to handle my reservation and arranged a pick-up at the front door. She also gave a fabulous dinner recommendation! I would highly recommend staying at Sunny Days B&B!

Robbin

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

During April & May of 2013 we stayed in B&B's in The Netherlands, Belgium, Rouen, Hon Fleur and Paris.

Sunny Days was our favorite, hands down. Tanja is a charming hostess, the rooms are large and all is very clean and the continental breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms 5 & 6 have balconies and beautiful view of the Alps
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This b&b is very close to Interlaken west station. Has a supermarket, many restaurants nearby.
Owner is very sweet and helpful. Located on a quiet street, has a lovely garden in the back. Rooms are clean, small, with tv, bath (heating didn't work while we were there).
On the first day we had to leave early 6 am for trip to Jungfrau so Tanja packed us some breakfast and even left 10 chf for cafe at station.
Second day had a lovely breakfast in the adjoining room with Tanja's lovely daughter Serena.
Use city visitor card for free local transport.
Request Tanja to book a parasailing trip for you. She knows the best guys for the job.

Room Tip: We chose a smaller room since we just needed to crash but one can choose a bigger room with a view of Jungfrau too
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Sunny Days was the only place that we stayed at on our recent trip to Switzerland that we booked direct by e mail. Tanja responded promptly to our enquiry and booking and paying the deposit was simple and straightforward. The B&B is near enough to Interlaken West station that we were able to walk with our suitcases. We had a room with a large balcony with a stunning view of the Jungfrau and the Monch which we were lucky enough to be greeted by on our arrival. Sadly the weather wasn’t great when we were in Interlaken so on a couple of occasions we simply travelled above cloud level for our mountain ‘fix’. In my opinion Tanja is probably Sunny Days best asset. Each morning she willingly talked through with us options of where to go given the weather conditions (there is plenty to do in the area if there is rain or snow). We were offered a kettle (the only time we had one on our holiday) and tea/ coffee and had a good selection of English television and internet all for no extra charge. I would thoroughly recommend Sunny Days for its friendly atmosphere and good value for money.

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms at the back of the house with mountain views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family