“Dreams of Switzerland Come True...”

and 1 more site!
Sunny Days Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Unterseen B&B and Inns
Tacoma, WA
“Dreams of Switzerland Come True...”
Reviewed 14 April 2009

My husband (Jason) and I were married in July 2008 and decided we wanted a European Honeymoon. We drove from Normandy, France to Interlaken one day (long drive). Luckily when we arrived at Sunny Days, we had the door combination...Thanks Dave! Our room was open, our keys and information were on the desk and life was great. Our room was large and the view....ah the view....it was better than we could have ever imagined. Jason wanted to take a ride to the top of the mountains and Dave suggested an alternative to the normal tourist trip - taking Dave's advise, Jason beat the crowds, saw the sites and was back to the room in no time at all. The house was quiet, clean and in a great location. There was a grocery store just a short walk away and town center was just a couple of minutes further. We were able to rent a fridge to keep some drinks cold and we had some laundry washed. Dave allowed us to go into the laundry room to iron our clothes (I hate wrinkles). We found Dave to be a little reserved but definitely not rude! If we ever have the good fortune of visiting Switzerland again, we will certainly stay at Sunny Days!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
France
Reviewed 27 February 2009

There are positives and negatives; If you're looking for clean, fresh, good view and not expensive you won't be disappointed. We stayed here 3 nights our bedroom was very comfortable, very clean and spacious but as others say the bathroom was small but hey, the price you're paying more than balances this out, though could be a problem with larger clients. The view over the garden and to Jungfräu from the balcony is lovely and as we were to go up there gave it more charm. It is just a 5 minute walk from the station to get upto Jungfräu and other destinations. There's a supermarket nearby as well as not expensive restaurants. Dave's wife is present at breakfast time and will advise you on visiting. The breakfast is varied and taken in a lovely sunny room overlooking the garden. We could park our car in the drive.
Now for the negatives; Quite agree with others about the extras to pay for if you want them. however, their policy is, we don't put this onto the room price if you're not needing it. However, things like; do not dry your washing on the balcony as it's an ecological eyesore - when I asked if I could hand over my washing, I was told by Dave it was too late! However, there's a good efficient laundrette nearby and I met loads of tourists in there to chat to at a fraction of the price they charge. Sorry, but Dave, on my rare encounters with him and only because I called for assistance wasn't helpful at all, maybe I hit a bad period. What I really didn't like was the hard toilet paper; I don't mind using the same towels or sheets a few days but hey, why the hard toilet paper???
I've balanced the positives and negatives and still think it's worth staying there because when you're touring Switzerland it does your wallet good from time to time to stay somewhere less expensive and it's clean, bright and fresh.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 October 2008

Sunny Days was a great place, wonderful location to Interlaken and the Eiger. Our room was advertised as small and it was. Breakfast was excellent. Hosts were pleasant and made us feel welcome. Very clean and excellent value.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2008

I cannot vouch for the quality of this hotel itself because I refuse to bring my business to a place that treats people badly. When I first called to see what rooms were available, the owner offered me on the phone, a room that seemed nice and spacious. I agreed on it on the phone and them emailed him my information while asking him if the lower-priced rooms were very different in quality. He then returned my email and "assigned" me the other room which was not as nice. I emailed him and asked for the other room which he had first given me and he responded, that I had specifically asked for the cheaper room, when in fact i was asking for his personal advice. I was very much put off by his response which could have been much nicer. Instead he decided to throw it back into my face. I did not like it and went to Rugenpark which was wonderful and has great hosts/owners who went out of their way to accommodate us in their popular bed and breakfast... plus it had even better rates.

• Stayed March 2008
3 Thank 123016
Tanja H, Owner at Sunny Days Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Sunny Days has changed owners... My Dad (Dave) has retired a few years ago (end of 2010). Sometimes he just did not have a good day, sorry about that.
I would be happy to give you a different experience if you ever come back to Interlaken.
Aylesbury, England
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Stayed at Sunny Days for 3 nights as part of a 3-week tour around Europe on a motorbike. We stayed in room 2 with a small balcony overlooking the garden and the mountains - what a view! The room was spacious although the bathroom was a little on the small side, with the sink in the main part of the room which was a little odd. The bed was comfortable but the room got very hot during the night as there was no air conditioning.
The breakfast was very good value with nice freshly brewed coffee and a typical continental breakfast selection. There is a fridge with drinks / snacks where you can help yourself and just make a note of the price at check-out which was very convenient. The B&B is a very pleasant 10 minute walk from the centre of Interlaken and the train station. We found a good selection of places to eat and drink and its worth wandering around to find somewhere a bit more traditional. The B&B is ideally situated for exploring the area - went to Bern and did the 3 passes route on the motorbike (Susten, Furka & Grimsel passes) and would highly recommend this B&B for bikers staying in the area.

• Liked — excellent views of the Jungfrau
  • Disliked — room got too hot at night / no air conditioning
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
new york, ny
Reviewed 13 April 2008

I stayed for two nights at Sunny Days in August 2007. It ended up being one of my favorite stays during my Euro trip!

The guesthouse is located in a quiet neighborhood that is set in something that looks like a movie. The view is wonderful - the water, the mountains, even in rainy weather did everything look so pristine! It's 5 walking distance from the train station WEST (important if you're coming in by train, don't get off at OST).

When I was there, I had a room with a single bed, TV, private bath and I paid for the daily internet access (not wireless, but they give you a cable, etc.) The room is very cozy, almost like sleeping over a friend's house. The bathroom was great! After a day canyoning (try it, it's amazing!), I just loved taking a hot shower in the clean bathroom.

Interlaken was wonderful, and Sunny Days really just made it that much better. It's walking distance to everything, it's in a clean, safe neighborhood, near a supermarket and shops. The breakfast was delicious - cereals, boiled eggs, muesli, yogurt, juices, bread, etc. -- , and the owners are very friendly - though I didn't really talk to them too much.

All in all, I have already recommended my friends to go here for their trips, and I know they'll have as relaxing a time as I had!

• Liked — Bathroom, delicious breakfast
  • Disliked — Located in Interlaken WEST
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
Maine
Reviewed 2 December 2007

Wonderful 3-night stay here recently -- the owner, Dave, was gracious and welcoming -- gorgeous garden outside the breakfast room, and our balcony provided a view of Eiger & Jungfrau! Free internet access in breakfast room. Room/bath was cleanest of our trip and just enough room to spread out -- thoroughly enjoyed the Sunny Days. Outstanding value and a 5-min walk from train station.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Roessli
#3 of 8 in Unterseen
Hotel Interlaken
Hotel Interlaken
#4 of 40 in Interlaken

Been to Sunny Days Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!