“Good food and very friendly service”
Review of Shanthi

Shanthi
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Unterseen
Cuisines: Indian, Sri Lankan
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have winter holidays and we will open again in november. Pls check our website for more information. Last orders are taken at 9.30 pm. The restaurant has to close at 10 pm.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and very friendly service”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Together with friends we have enjoyed in the friendly and clean restaurant very indien good food.
Sinniha is a very friendly host wirh a lot of humor, we have felt ourselves very well.
The price of the food is very good enjoyable - for all fans of Indian cuisine, the restaurant Shanthi in Unterssen by Interlaken I highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbus, Ohio
“Great food !!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Me , my wife and daughter went there reading the trip advisor review and we were not dissapointed. Located close to interlaken west station across the bridge behind the COOP. The place was clean with simple deco; no over the board in your face indian decor. The owner Kumar , a srilankan welcomed us and took our order ; masala dosa and srilankan curry with naan. Both the dishs were great. The chicken had right amount of spice and was close to chettinadu chicken. Dosas with sambar and chutney was good. Portion reasonably sufficient.

The menu is just right, with 5-6 options for each course. That to me suggests thoughtfullness and an ability to control the quality of food. Unlike a menu with 100 items.

I spent sometime talking to kumar to undersatnd his philoshophy of cooking and was happy to notice he was chasing quality. One reason why his location may not deter his business and to add to that prices are 30% cheaper.

For those seeking something beyond the normal north indian food this is a great place to go.

• Visited July 2014
Siegburg, Germany
“Great Service & Great Food at Affordable rate”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Hi, I found this place to be very homely and nice within walking distance from the West Banhof & our hotel. I was feeling sorry why I did not eat there all the other days during my stay, probably I was just lazy, but believe you dont need GPS to find. I had food on the last day there and found it great. I started off with Chicken Dosa and then ended up having Mango Lassi, between this I had butter nan, Chicken Masala & Rice & Papad. I wanted to eat more but did not have enough space in my belly. but next time I would be eating there more often. My wife was also very happy with the service and food.
In Interlaken I found that all the Hotels, restaurants/tourist served at 4 CHF while here it was 3.7 CHF. The food items were also much cheaper then the other Indian restaurants around Banhof. I would recommend to eat here if you are Interlaken, it would give you good value for money as Interlaken is a costly affair.

• Visited June 2014
“Ok average indian restaurant”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I am madrasi. I with family visited in may 2014.average food.little bit u have to walk and search for the place with GPS. It is inside the street. For us food is OK. Nearby 2 tables I can see north Indians arguing with owner regarding food. Nice service. Little bit overrated rating in trip advisor

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I can totally vouch for this place as one of the best indian food I have ever had. Don't expect the food here to taste like any other average indian restaurant because the food here taste very very homely and way better that way :)

And the location of this place so gorgeous! few mins along the beautiful lake!

If you love Indian food and tired of creamy/spicy indian food and want something homely and healthy please go here!!!

And the owner Kumar is very very nice! It was a pleasure meeting him :)

• Visited June 2014