“Lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weston
birmingham
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were checked in efficiently, however the receptionist could have been a little more welcoming ( no name badge )Our room was very nice and more importantly spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfy and we had a good nights sleep although we were by the utility cupboard and the banging of doors was a little annoying. The food and service in the restaurant was first class both for our evening meal and breakfast. Complimentary beverage in the foyer was a very nice touch. Our only criticism was that the bar area and foyer was cold so it was uncomfortable to sit having a drink. We would definitely return as we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Away from utility cupboard, also, top floor as noise from rooms above.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear jonkath75
thank you for your recent posting.
I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the food and service in the restaurant first class, both for your dinner and breakfast.
Our energy / coffee stations are a useful addition and pleased you made use of them.
I hope to see you back soon.
Nathan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Warrington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was relocated to this hotel. Arrived at 22.45, room freezine, took 45mins to warm up. Decor sad - can't remember last I saw the old fashioned, large TVs, with only 5 channels available. 'Glass' on bath for shower immovable. Breakfast and coffee cold. Indifferent reception staff, no offers of help to carry luggage.

Star rating on facilities and not on their quality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Immelda60
Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry you were booked out from another hotel to us.
I am really sorry you did not enjoy your stay and I am also sorry that I nor any of my team were not given the opportunity to speak with you whilst in the Venue.
Winsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had my wedding here in 2010 and I have to say that all the staff were amazing and very attentive.
It was my birthday at the weekend & as a surprise, my Husband had booked to go there and had even sorted out for us to stay in the same room - Room 120.
There was a birthday card in the room for me from the hotel staff which was a nice touch.
We ate in the bar upstairs - Bar Vista and the food was excellent.
There is only one thing that the hotel needs in my opinion and that is a spa facility.

Room Tip: Room 120 is lovely and has a small balcony overlooking the golf club.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Mrspazzer
Thank you for your recent posting.
I am really pleased you returned back to the Venue and back into room which you stayed in for your wedding several years ago.
Good to hear you found the food excellent and the staff amazing and attentive.
I agree the addition of a leisure club and Spa would add to our facilities so let us hope that this takes place.
I hope to see you back many more times.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights over the weekend arriving at 3:30 pm.The reception was clean and the female receptionists were friendly and helpful.On reaching the first floor corridor we were greeted by a tray of dirty pots and left over food which remained there until well after 9:00 am the following day,where were all the staff ?.The room was clean and tidy however the bed was a let down two singles pushed together not normally a problem but one of the mattresses had certainly seen better days !! the breakfast was fine and what few staff on duty were pleasant and welcoming.Overall the stay was average.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Margaret B
Thank you for your recent review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and thought the receptionists were friendly and helpful, with the breakfast good and staff pleasant and welcoming.
I do take note of the mattress condition and will try and ascertain which room you were in so can look to have it changed.
The collection of trays from corridors is something we have focussed on recently and am sorry it was left for an undue length of time.
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had my wedding here and I have to say it was fantastic as a hotel the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are well equipped with good bathrooms and comfy beds. The best part of the hotel is the restaurant and the food is all wonderful including tue breakfast buffet which has everything you could wish for. Will be staying again

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Neil E
Thank you for your recent posting.
Many thanks for the great review and pleased that everything was great. Bernadette certainly ensures all of our weddings are clearly well organised and my team know how to deliver.
I wish you well in your future lives together and look forward to welcoming you back.
EAST DEVON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights. At first sight the hotel appears sole less but is actually very pleasant, comfortable and friendly. The only let down was the second day breakfast. Saturday breakfast was lovely, nothing to criticise and all to praise, however Sunday morning was quite different, the staff were not at all on the ball and we had to ask for tea and coffee after we'd been sat at our table for a good 10 minutes, had to ask for bread to make toast, marmalade, plates!! Terrible loud music too. If we just stayed the first night the rating would have been excellent for service.

Room Tip: Rooms all seemed much the same, not huge but perfectly adequate and very comfy and huge bed.
Dear  CHRISTINEEastDevon
Thank you for your recent review.
I am sorry you were let down by the second mornings breakfast and be assured I will look into why it was so different to the first and to all other days and try and identify why.
I hope I can see you back at Wychwood Park again in the near future and pleased you found us very pleasant, comfortable and friendly. .
Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just returned after a lovely weekend break with my husband. KGB deal for £99 3 course meal on the first night and breakfast each morning! Excellent value!
Unfortunately we were stuck in the worst ever traffic jam on our way to the hotel and didn't arrive until 9:30 on the Friday night. I rang the hotel as we were supposed to have dinner on the first night of our stay but knew we would be too late to dine in the restaurant. The lady who answered the phone was lovely and told us we could have our meal on the Saturday instead and that they served food until 9:45 in the hotel bar.
We didn't bother with food when we got there but did head straight to the bar!
Breakfast was very nice with a good selection and lovely hash browns and sausages!
Dinner was also lovely and the service was great. The hotel was nice and clean and well maintained.
A nice relaxing break and if it wasn't such a long drive away from where we live we would definitely buy this deal and stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Spyonz
Thank you for your recent review.
I am pleased you enjoyed an excellent week end break with us recently and found the Dinner lovely and the service great and also finding the Venue nice and clean and well maintained.
I am sorry the M6 played up with your journey which delayed your arrival however pleased to read my team were accommodating in switching your dinner to your second night.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Nathan.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Crewe Hall
De Vere Cranage Estate
BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel
Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Wychwood Park? Share your experiences!