Wychwood Park Hotel
Crewe Hall(Crewe)
US$130
US$117
Priceline
Travelodge Crewe Hotel(Crewe)(Great Value!)
US$51
Travelodge
Ibis Styles Crewe(Crewe)(Great Value!)
US$83
Orbitz.com
US$103
US$87
1,007 results
All reviewsgolf coursegolf clubgolfing weekendtravelzoo dealgolf breakevening mealreception areabar pricesmodern hotelhotel bartea and coffeebuffet stylepro shopthe ground floorreception staffbed and breakfastsunday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

There were 24 of us went here for a golf trip. We arrived 5 pm. The staff were very friendly and helpful. One of the rooms wasn't ready, which was a little disappointing, as it was late afternoon, but they gave my friends a couple of vouchers for complimentary drinks and sorted it, all happy. The rooms are adequate if maybe a little dated, like an big chunky portable tv. But we weren't there to watch tv. The room was clean and tidy which was the main thing. The food was very good, and plenty of it, which was needed for 24 men playing golf. The golf course is a fairly tough walk so be ready for it, not over hilly but enough slopes and quite long. There was a complimentary drink station in reception which I thought was a very nice touch. All in all we all enjoyed our stay here and will return again sometime.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear john o
I am pleased you all of you had an enjoyable stay with us enjoying the food, golf and our Energy stations for free tea and coffee.
Also good to read you found the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.
Nathan.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have to say that I am extremely suprised at some of the negative comments and reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor as our experience was very good and without any major criticism. We paid £69 for 3 course dinner and B&B. The hotel is situated in a very attractive setting surrounded by a golf course with nice views over the Cheshire countryside. On arrival the reception staff were very friendly and helpful and we were booked into a room on the ground floor. The room (number 34) was modern, comfortable and very clean. The only minor criticism was the television which needed updating as it was the old CRT type with minimal channels. The bed was very comfortable and the room and hotel was quiet so we had a good nights sleep.

The 3-course meal was of a very good quality and was certainly not 'microwaved' as some have said and the chef could be seen preparing the food from fresh. The choice was a little limited but what we had was of a very good standard and we certainly can't have complained for the price we paid. The buffet breakfast was very good also with a good selection of food, and the waiting staff were attentive and professional.

The drinks were very expensive however - we paid £22 for a bottle of wine which was essentially the cheapest available. Bottles of beer were approximately £4.

All in all this was great value for money and we would certainly recommend this hotel and the food! Excellent!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RichardWJackson
I am pleased to read you had a great stay and enjoyed the freshly prepared food and service.
As with previous responses I cant wait for the day we can remove our old televisions and upgrade the bedrooms and hope this is not too far away.
Once again look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Regards Nathan

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a great hotel. The decor is excellent - stayed in a standard room which had been refurbished recently. I would highly recommend this room. Great value for money which was a pleasant surprise.

A lovely full English in the morning. The hotel was really busy however the breakfast didn't disappoint and all the food under the hot lamps were regularly refreshed. Excellent.

Only issue, this is very much a conference hotel so be warned if you are not an early riser during the week.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently updated room, some of the rooms I passed on checking out were not as good as the one I had.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Abbie M
Thank you for your recent review.
I was pleased to read you found the venue excellent with both bedroom and hot breakfast exceeding your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Regards, Nathan

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 1 evening. Big mistake. Should have looked at the reviews.
We went on the 24th. What at first looked a nice setting soon turned into us leaving without staying for the night.
Dirty carpets through out the hotel.
Cold bedroom
TV should be in the tip. It didn't work properly as well as it looking about 30 years old.
Windows didn't close properly.
Filthy coffee machine with half full cups left all over the place.
De vere hotels should do a lot better than this.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Philip K
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
I am sorry the rooms do not have flat screens this is something which is being worked upon and hopefully soon we will have an upgrade in place.
The free flowing Energy stations of tea and coffees seems to have been well used and not replenished, I will follow up with my team to ensure this is done regularly throughout each day.
I hope to see you back again in De Vere Venues which is not part of the hotels division.
Nathan

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here on a Sunday evening to break up a business trip. I booked online and was tempted by the amazing price of £29. If I had paid anymore than that I would have been a little disappointed. The grounds and setting for this hotel are much better than the inside. The room was obviously in need of an update and both beds were very firm. That said it was quiet which is something I needed. I didn't use the bar or eat at the hotel so cannot review this part of a stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Wend37
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Wend37
Thank you for your recent review.
I am pleased you took up our amazing sunday night promotional rate and had a quiet stay with us.
Our grounds and the golf course are maintained and checked daily and do take on board your comments with regards to bedrooms.
We hope to have the bedrooms upgraded shortly so I will be able to confirm this as time goes by however with upgraded bedrooms there will be supplements to those new rooms as they come on line.
Once again thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back soon.
Nathan.