“Pleasantly suprised”

Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Morley
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Rose & Crown Morley, offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favorite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners, hand rolled stone baked pizza's and daily specials
“Pleasantly suprised”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I went here to meet a friend. After reading the reviews on line I was not sure what to expect. However the salmon was moist, tender and tasted very good. My friend chose the pork belly which again was very good. A pleasant supprise. Service was friendly, attentive and informative.I will definately go again.

• Visited February 2014

Derby
“Couldnt fault it.”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Not been for a while, read a couple of recent negative reviews, although when previously visited have generally been satisfied with food and service.
Couldn't fault it, asked for a particular seat next to a coal fire, no problems. Food very good, as was the service, will return again to a very pleasant and hospitable pub/restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent every time at the rose and crown”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Love this place staff are very welcoming, they have real log fires to cosy up next to and the food is reasonably priced have been a few times and has been excellent every time can't wait to go again

Derby, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We brought our two adult sons here having not been for ages thinking it might have improved. Sadly we were wrong. My eldest son and myself ordered the goats cheese and beetroot salad. The waitress said they had no beetroot, but offered no alternative. I said this is the only vegetarian meal on the menu to which her reply was we can do you a vegeburger. Ok so we took the salad which supposedly came with pomegranate seeds and soya beans. No pomegranate seeds and unbelievably one soya bean each! Not once were we approached by said waitress to see if we were enjoying the meal. Other two meals were poor, not really enough to feed a cat. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere.

• Visited December 2013
Ambergate
“Chips (not seasoned nor properly cooked!)”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Took the wife out for a meal Saturday night, thought we'd try the Rose and Crown. Been there a few times before. We both had the beef in Merlot pie. Upon ordering we were given the option to upgrade to gourmet chips. For a pound extra - new trick this! Past visits I've always found the chips, seasoned according to the menu, to be very nice, so we both declined.
When the meal came, the pastry on both pies seemed very pale and doughy, I believe it could have benefited from an extra ten minutes in the oven. Dito the chips, they looked, and tasted like oven chips. There wasn't a great deal of winter veg. For ten quid I expected better.
My wife had some kind of brownie for dessert. This was five quid and very small. Shall think twice before I go back.

• Visited January 2014