“Second visit. Good again, excellent service”
Review of Rose & Crown

Rose & Crown
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Morley
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Rose & Crown Morley, offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favorite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners, hand rolled stone baked pizza's and daily specials
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We took our disabled Son and our family here to celebrate his 18th Birthday. The staff were amazing. I bought baloons etc and they decorated the table for us. The food was good for the price you pay. Excellent service. I think customers who write such negative reviews should consider the price you are paying, I am a good cook , and I felt for the price you pay it was very good. We will go back again for a family meal.

There are newer reviews for Rose & Crown

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I first ate here 40 years ago, and it was superb, with a richly deserved reputation for great food. Now under the ownership of Vintage Inns, it is still one of the outstanding places to eat in this area.
Comfortable, with quiet corners thankfully free of 'muzak, thus allowing conversation, this is an ideal place for a quiet tete a tete over a fine meal. We were greeted and seated by a charming waitress, and she and her colleagues (Ang., Beth and Anna) looked after us with friendly and professional ease.
The food was utterly delightful, and the chips are gifts from a benevolent God. My companion had the steak pie, which was huge and delicious, and I had the slow cooked lamb, equally tasty.
We had to have pudding - for it is The Law, and I'm so glad we did. Forget the diet, leave home or work NOW, and go to the Rose and Crown, for this is what life is all about.

We'll be back...

Reviewed 20 April 2014

After enjoying some excellent meals here in the past the two of us decided to renew our acquaintance with this very pleasant pub. On arrival we we shown to a table and handed our menus. We both chose the grilled salmon from the Fish Friday menu, at £11.95 each, plus a half priced bottle of wine. When the meal arrived it was the size of a small starter, and when the waitress asked us after five minutes if it was OK we showed her our empty plates! We told her that the portions were too small, and that we were still hungry and intended to buy a meal at our local fish and chip shop. She was most sympathetic and managedto get a reduction of £6 from our £30 bill. This will be our final visit, and we can no longer recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Rose and Crown has always been a highly variable dining experience, moving from very good to distinctly average. Things do appear to have taken a turn for the worse recently. We went with friends recently, the food was expensive, very low quality - I would suggest everything was microwaved - and the burger I had was the nastiest piece of meat I've had in a long, long time. With very good local food available no more than three minutes drive away, the owners need to apply urgent and serious remedial measures.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Where do i start with this review,
The outside of this establishment looks very nice and welcoming and thats the one reason we decided to go here.
We entered the car park which was a mess and disorganized.(there were tree stumps popping up out of the car park itself), after finding a parking space my partner and I found ourselves inside this very beautiful pub with its period styling and warm atmosphere, we were seated with our drinks and left to browse the menu.
The menu was sparse and some of the items were not available to order due to them ''running out'', so i wasn't happy at that( you would think a pub would have ordered the right amount of stock for the menu), we ordered our food and i had the fish and chips and my wife had the chicken and ham pie, we waited and waited and waited for our food (we could hear the chefs shouting ''away!'' which we assumed that our food was waiting to be taken out by the waitress) after hearing the chef shout away for the fourth time we saw a waitress walk into the kitchen after a minuet or so she walked back out with our food and brought it to our table.
We looked at the food placed in front of us and immediately there was a problem the fish and chips looked like a childs meal there was a pathetic excuse for a battered cod and the chips were minimal the mushy peas looked like they had being microwaved and stodgy and didnt taste that great, my partners chicken pie looked deflated and undercooked ( if James Martin saw this pie i would expect him to be very unhappy with his name being attached to that pie!)
Same again with the chips very minimal portion and slightly undercooked, We ate what we could and didnt bother with a desert in fear of more disappointment and lack of product,
We paid and left feeling very hungry and very disappointed at the meal we had just forked out for.

My personal thoughts on this pub after visiting are they need to make sure who ever is in charge of the food and stock should be reviewed to make sure they can do their job properly, the waitress we had was the best part of the visit very friendly.

Shame such a nice place but poorly managed

1  Thank Jacob S