“Please don't believe all the negativity you read!”
Review of Rose & Crown

Rose & Crown
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Morley
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Rose & Crown Morley, offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favorite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners, hand rolled stone baked pizza's and daily specials
Reviewed 20 May 2014

It saddens me that this beautiful pub has so many negative reviews - if only all the people who had positive experiences here wrote reviews too!
I visit here regularly, with friends, family and my partner. Staff always very helpful and friendly and the new landlord is extremely amenable.
Went last night and sat in the garden for a lovely meal with my sister - she had the boar burger which was extremely tasty and I had the chicken, leek and ham pie (which is my absolute favourite) lovely puff pastry and tasty sauce. Yes, I agree that the menu doesn't have a huge variety of choice but this is due to the brand 'Vintage Inns'. However, there is enough choice so that everyone can choose something they will like.
The pub itself is gorgeous, always a lovely atmosphere - don't be put off by all these negative reviews, I always enjoy coming here!

3  Thank lgc1
There are newer reviews for Rose & Crown

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've been a couple of times over the last 18 months and have always liked the atmosphere and the menu. I went a couple of weeks ago with a colleague and we both left saying it would be a while until we went back.
The menu has considerably reduced in size, not always a bad thing, but the choice and variety seemed to go with it. We plumped for the tomato soup to start and then the fish and chips. The soup was fine but the fish batter was too rich and heavy. Overall the food was OK but the service was slow. A cardinal service sin was committed.....we ordered drinks when our mains arrived and we had to chase them as they hadn't arrived three-quarters of the way through our main course! Not good. Also have a real issue with asking for sauces to go with the main but then having to take what we needed from the pot rather than the point being left on the table.....why?
All in all the experience was very mediocre and it will be a while before we venture this way again.

1  Thank ExiledGovag
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We took our disabled Son and our family here to celebrate his 18th Birthday. The staff were amazing. I bought baloons etc and they decorated the table for us. The food was good for the price you pay. Excellent service. I think customers who write such negative reviews should consider the price you are paying, I am a good cook , and I felt for the price you pay it was very good. We will go back again for a family meal.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I first ate here 40 years ago, and it was superb, with a richly deserved reputation for great food. Now under the ownership of Vintage Inns, it is still one of the outstanding places to eat in this area.
Comfortable, with quiet corners thankfully free of 'muzak, thus allowing conversation, this is an ideal place for a quiet tete a tete over a fine meal. We were greeted and seated by a charming waitress, and she and her colleagues (Ang., Beth and Anna) looked after us with friendly and professional ease.
The food was utterly delightful, and the chips are gifts from a benevolent God. My companion had the steak pie, which was huge and delicious, and I had the slow cooked lamb, equally tasty.
We had to have pudding - for it is The Law, and I'm so glad we did. Forget the diet, leave home or work NOW, and go to the Rose and Crown, for this is what life is all about.

We'll be back...

Reviewed 20 April 2014

After enjoying some excellent meals here in the past the two of us decided to renew our acquaintance with this very pleasant pub. On arrival we we shown to a table and handed our menus. We both chose the grilled salmon from the Fish Friday menu, at £11.95 each, plus a half priced bottle of wine. When the meal arrived it was the size of a small starter, and when the waitress asked us after five minutes if it was OK we showed her our empty plates! We told her that the portions were too small, and that we were still hungry and intended to buy a meal at our local fish and chip shop. She was most sympathetic and managedto get a reduction of £6 from our £30 bill. This will be our final visit, and we can no longer recommend it to anyone!