It's is one of the oldest Marriott hotel in the world. We booked a standard room but my wife didn't like the view (scaffolding) outside the window and the size is slightly small with 2 double bed. So we decided to upgrade to a suite room. It is located separate from the main building with small front yard for all the suite. Ample of space in the room for my little girl to run around. The only drawback would be there is a small staircase which is not ideal with running children. As part of the upgrade we get complimentary WiFi and a movie or a half bottle of wine.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. When we want to upgrade the suite, the staff offer to show us the room before we decide. And on the way we asked some question about the facilities and afternoon tea so she show us where all the facilities and even show us to the restaurant and help us to make a reservation for the afternoon tea.
The location is perfect if you are looking for relaxing holiday as there is nothing nearby the hotel except the golf course (of course). There are two restaurants in the hotel, Priory and Tempo. Priory is the main restaurant and have a dress code and Tempo is more bar like restaurant beside the leisure center. Had my dinner in Tempo. The food was average but the service is good. Staff is attentive and helpful. They come to our room to return a bottle we left in the restaurant.
The draw back of the hotel would be the cleanliness. First the bathtub look old and got few black spots. I know it is the oldest Marriott but it would be good to keep up with the standard. Secondly the pool area wasn't very clean. You can see some black sport in the pool area. There is no A/C but it doesn't feel hot in the room and they do provide fan if needed.
I would consider if I come again to the area again. It's is not very far from few attractions nearby. If you like shopping East Midland Designer Outlet is just 25 minutes drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club is a magnificent Grade II listed, 13th century stately residence set in breathtaking scendery on the edge of the Peak District near Derby. History meets modern comfort at this spectacular location. You will be impressed from the moment you arrive. Close to East Midlands Airport, Alton Towers, The Peak District National Park and major motorway and rail links means you enjoy historic splendour while staying close to what's really important! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breadsall Priory, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Derby
- Derby Marriott
- Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club Morley, Derbyshire