Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morley
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It's is one of the oldest Marriott hotel in the world. We booked a standard room but my wife didn't like the view (scaffolding) outside the window and the size is slightly small with 2 double bed. So we decided to upgrade to a suite room. It is located separate from the main building with small front yard for all the suite. Ample of space in the room for my little girl to run around. The only drawback would be there is a small staircase which is not ideal with running children. As part of the upgrade we get complimentary WiFi and a movie or a half bottle of wine.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. When we want to upgrade the suite, the staff offer to show us the room before we decide. And on the way we asked some question about the facilities and afternoon tea so she show us where all the facilities and even show us to the restaurant and help us to make a reservation for the afternoon tea.
The location is perfect if you are looking for relaxing holiday as there is nothing nearby the hotel except the golf course (of course). There are two restaurants in the hotel, Priory and Tempo. Priory is the main restaurant and have a dress code and Tempo is more bar like restaurant beside the leisure center. Had my dinner in Tempo. The food was average but the service is good. Staff is attentive and helpful. They come to our room to return a bottle we left in the restaurant.
The draw back of the hotel would be the cleanliness. First the bathtub look old and got few black spots. I know it is the oldest Marriott but it would be good to keep up with the standard. Secondly the pool area wasn't very clean. You can see some black sport in the pool area. There is no A/C but it doesn't feel hot in the room and they do provide fan if needed.
I would consider if I come again to the area again. It's is not very far from few attractions nearby. If you like shopping East Midland Designer Outlet is just 25 minutes drive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and found all aspects of the service a bit inconsistent. Night time receptionist was not helpful, daytime one was great. Coffee at breakfast was fine one day, awful the next (please teach someone how to make lattes and espressos!). Servicing of rooms was done properly one day, not the next (loo roll not topped up and vacuuming not done).
Small things I know, but there were lots of other of these "small things" to make me question whether I would stay at a "marriiot hotel" again.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank LondonMV
Anne S, Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank You for your feedback. I am sorry you were dissappointed with some aspects of the service we provided. We hope to meet and exceed your and our own expectations next time.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The staff at Breadsall Priory were all very attentive and happy. We had an excellent trip. The best thing was that I lost my gold signet ring but this was found by housekeeping and returned speedily to me - thank you so much to the team. I strongly recommend this Country Club with a great team of staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a map of the site to work out the easiest way to reach all the facilities.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
janeJ6, PA to General Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your review and we greatly appreciate your taking the time and trouble to share your feedback. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the comforts of your room and indeed the stunning location of the hotel. It is never our intention to offer a less than first class service for our guests and our goal will be to address your concerns. To this end, I will be passing your comments regarding the food offering and service to our Head Chef and our Food & Beverage Service Manager.

You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future to show you that we can do so much better.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Fabulous hotel, beautiful location and excellent facilities, went on a valentines dinner bed and breakfast package and could not fault any part of it. The room was spacious and clean, the spa had great treatments and I indulged in a facial on the evening of arrival and a pedicure the next day before returning home, the dinner was wonderful, excellent service and choice. Seems popular with golfers and I am told that the courses are excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this golf hotel for its location rather than the facilities ,spa,swimming pool & golf course.
The room was excellent with bathroom well adapted for folk with mobility problems.
I had my evening meal in the bistro rather than the restaurant mainly due to access issues. The bistro food was adequate with a decent wine selection & a choice of lagers & a guest ale . Breakfast was a little disappointing, rolls were hard the frittata was a skinny greasy omelette. Service was variable from attentive to minimal

Room Tip: I asked for a room with easy access which I did get
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent one night here recently. Our room was large, clean and comfortable, with the usual Marriott bathroom - I do wish they had shower screens instead of curtains! The grounds are lovely, and our room had a nice view. However, breakfast was a disappointment. Our table was directly in line with a door to the terrace, which the staff had propped open, for their convenience. The draught through this open door was strong and very cold, so we closed it, but then the staff kept banging it as they went in and out. Everyone was cold and tense, waiting for the next waitress to barge through and let the door bang! The food was average, and the poached eggs took ten minutes to arrive and were cold. We would not recommend this hotel and will not be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Allayne B, Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We hope to better meet your expectations next time

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location and service were second to none,of particular mention was "Steph" who went out of her way to help but to be fair, all the staff in the restaurant were helpfull ,however , we thought she deserved special praise. Both golf courses were in excellent condition and all in all we had a great weekend.Will we return! ! You bet we will.
Also, a big thank you to the staff in the golf shop and the Reception.This must be one of the best "Marriotts" we have visited.

Room Tip: None really.We have always been pleased with the rooms allocated
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morley
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
#1 of 1 in Stonedge
Makeney Hall Hotel
Makeney Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Belper

Been to Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!