Stayed at the Priory last weekend for 2 nights (13/14 June). All the staff were helpful and friendly and the food excellent. Our room was clean and comfortable but bathroom a bit tatty. We were put in the old farmhouse with a very disappointing view of the wall of the leisure complex.
My husband played golf on the Saturday and was very impressed with the course - would definitely like to play it again. Whilst he was playing golf I treated myself to some spa treatments - and it is here that I felt the experience was let down. Friendly staff but it just didn't come across as very luxurious surroundings. The room where I had one of my treatments was untidy, tatty and dirty (dust, dirt and hair around the edges of the room). I had planned to use the pool on the Saturday morning before I had my spa treatments but when I mentioned this at the time of booking my spa, was notified that the pool was used for swimming lessons on a Saturday morning (and although there would be a lane available) it would be very busy - which wasn't what I wanted/expected. I wasn't told this at the time of booking our accommodation.
We did enjoy our stay, the beautiful grounds etc but just came away feeling that maybe we'd paid a little too much for what we actually got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club is a magnificent Grade II listed, 13th century stately residence set in breathtaking scendery on the edge of the Peak District near Derby. History meets modern comfort at this spectacular location. You will be impressed from the moment you arrive. Close to East Midlands Airport, Alton Towers, The Peak District National Park and major motorway and rail links means you enjoy historic splendour while staying close to what's really important! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breadsall Priory, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Derby
- Derby Marriott
- Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club Morley, Derbyshire