My family and i recently stayed for one night for a wedding at the beginning of June and hadnt booked a room prior to the day as the price was a liitle too high for me, but as i was part of the wedding party i decided on the morning that if a room was available i would consider it.
I asked at reception around 1pm and by 3.30pm i was offered a room as one had become available due to a cancellation, however i would have thought that it would have been less than the price i was originally quoted two months prior but no it cost £145 for the night.
We went to the room and was hit with a smell of freshly painted gloss work that had just dried and this is what started to make me think had it not been a cancellation that i was offered a room but more them checking if it was dry paint enough to let us pay the premium rate to maximise their profit.
However we stayed as it was my sisters wedding day as everything else was going so well.
My son and i used the swimming pool and spa complex and really enjoyed it on the saturday and again on the sunday after the amazing breakfast, far superior to many hotel breakfasts and well worth paying that little bit more for if your trying to decide whether the higher price for breakfast is worth it.
This is where things went a little wrong....the wedding breakfast was brilliant and well organised but we went into the evening function and guests started ariving and all seemed good until the power in the bar room went and the staff just sent guests two stairs down to the restaurant bar which had one staff member on it who was back and forth dealing with table guests and took a long while to be served, by this time our guests decided that they would stay there rather than keep coming back up and down even though there was four staff upstairs standing around instead of offering to get drinks for my sisters guests and bring them up.
By 2130 most people thought that everyone had left so it ended up just being a couple of family and friends in the dance room and my poor sister was left dancing by herself and even sent the DJ home at 2300 one hour early as no one was left.
On top of this the buffet which i might say was really nice had been cleared away by 2200 as they obviously saw no one there and thought probably not worth keeping out.
I feel sorry for my sister not only was it her wedding day but after mentioning to a member of staff in the morning after and heading for her honeymoon nothing had been said by him to other staff members and therefore two weeks down the line my sister now has to start the peocess again which could have helped other weddings since her day, and for myself i could have saved the money and got a taxi home as such an early finish.
Look forward to hearing back from breadsall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club is a magnificent Grade II listed, 13th century stately residence set in breathtaking scendery on the edge of the Peak District near Derby. History meets modern comfort at this spectacular location. You will be impressed from the moment you arrive. Close to East Midlands Airport, Alton Towers, The Peak District National Park and major motorway and rail links means you enjoy historic splendour while staying close to what's really important! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breadsall Priory, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Derby
- Derby Marriott
- Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club Morley, Derbyshire