We had the most wonderful 2 nights stay at Breadsall Priory last weekend. The grounds of the hotel are very beautiful and very well kept. The rooms are standard Marriott quality and size with good beds and bedding. We've booked a superior room with scenic view. The room was rather big but I am not sure if we've got the promised scenic view room since one of the windows was overlooking the golf course and another had an angle view of the back of the garden. There are 2 golf courses, tennis court and indoor swimming pool with sauna, Jacuzzi etc. We've dined in the main Priory restaurant on the first night. There was a good a la carte choice of dishes and our steaks were cooked to perfection. There were 3 or 4 weddings on Saturday at the hotel but the grounds and premises are so big that we were not disturbed by them. However, the main restaurant was closed for the function on Saturday so we had to eat in Tempo restaurant (also part of the hotel), which is more pub-like. We had a very nice dinner on the terrace of the restaurant and enjoyed the warm summer evening. Although the food was nice and tasty, the service was incredibly slow despite the fact that there were not too many customers. The chicken wings I've ordered as a starter tasted like regular Tesco chilled food. My main course - grilled hake - came with wilted yellow lamb lettuce and an oven baked hake, my husband's whisky came in a dirty glass and had to be replaced. Cheese cake again tasted like purchased in the frozen food department. A bit disappointing.
The hotel is ideally positioned for exploration of the Peak district. Chatsworth and Hardwick Hall are only 30-45 minutes drive through the picturesque countryside and are well worth visiting. For jogging enthusiasts there is a 8km circuit around the hotel grounds, so there is plenty to do there for non-golfers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club is a magnificent Grade II listed, 13th century stately residence set in breathtaking scendery on the edge of the Peak District near Derby. History meets modern comfort at this spectacular location. You will be impressed from the moment you arrive. Close to East Midlands Airport, Alton Towers, The Peak District National Park and major motorway and rail links means you enjoy historic splendour while staying close to what's really important! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breadsall Priory, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Derby
- Derby Marriott
- Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club Morley, Derbyshire