Had stayed here once before, and decided to return for a short "get away from it all" break because of the beautiful location and peaceful atmosphere. The grounds are absolutely beautiful (see pictures), and I enjoyed wandering in the gardens or having a drink on the terrace. Although I don't play golf the two golf courses mean the hotel is surrounded by rolling grassland and trees. There is also a swimming pool and gym which I didn't have time to use on this occasion.
The hotel is easy to reach from the A61 near Derby, and is well placed for exploring Derbyshire, the Peak District, Chatsworth House, etc.
My room was in the "new" part of the hotel, as I think are most, so be aware of this and if you want a room in the old part you need to arrange this when booking. The room was very clean, modern and spacious, and had a lovely view over the golf course, but was quite a long way from the main part of the hotel, down many corridors. Unfortunately some noise seems to carry between rooms; I could hear footsteps of someone in the room overhead walking up and down (maybe ask for a top floor room), and some noise from children in the next room.
The public lounge, bar and restaurant are lovely elegant spaces. I ate in the Priory Restaurant one night and the food was good and the service helpful and polite. Breakfast was good, comprehensive hot and cold breakfast buffet with an egg/omelette chef on hand, good service and nice elegant environment.
In the bar I thought the service could be a bit more helpful. The bar staff don't seem to want to do table service, you have to go up to the bar, and I was asked to sign for each drink immediately, not allowed to open a tab or even to add a drink to my restaurant bill when I was dining there. This seems odd and could be reviewed to make it a bit more welcoming.
Overall a very nice hotel, beautiful grounds, peaceful environment and good facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club is a magnificent Grade II listed, 13th century stately residence set in breathtaking scendery on the edge of the Peak District near Derby. History meets modern comfort at this spectacular location. You will be impressed from the moment you arrive. Close to East Midlands Airport, Alton Towers, The Peak District National Park and major motorway and rail links means you enjoy historic splendour while staying close to what's really important! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breadsall Priory, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Derby
- Derby Marriott
- Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club Morley, Derbyshire