Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morley
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed last week for a wedding 09/08/14 ... Room ok apart from a hair on the bath ! Tea and coffee was terrible ... Only had enough for x1 and had to share a packet off biscuit !!not what I expect for £145 per night ... Not impressed at all.. Very poor indeed oh and expected to spend another £15 for internet ... Overpriced indeed will not go back

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Allayne B, Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with aspects of your stay. I really hope we do better next time
Allayne Broom
Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Polish first
Lancing, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

First impressions great Lovely old building beautiful gardens Straight on the golf course (the Moorland easier one ) and a pretty good round Check-in swift and pleasant The room in The Mews large and airy - we discovered at 545 next morning it was next to the deliveries entrance and the ventilation shaft ! We were surprised there was no water waiting only 2 teabags and enough shampoo for about 1 & 1/2 hairwashes we ate in the Priory retaurant at 700 Starter orders were taken at 720 and they arrived at 740 the menu choice was execellent and the food apart from a lukewarm medium steak ordered as medium rare and my veg never arriving breakfast was ok but not inspiring Pity but we won't be back

Room Tip: Anything but The Mews
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry that we disappointed you. It is always our intention to exceed our guest expectations.
I hope we do better next time
Allayne Broom
Director of Operations
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just returned from a 2 night stay and we cannot speak highly enough about this lovely hotel.

The food and service were first class and we will definately be back in the not to distant future.

For golfers the courses are in great condition set in wonderful countryside.

All in all a real treat.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was so looking forward to staying here on a training course and thought it would be a relaxing stay in a beautiful location. The grounds are beautiful and building exquisite with lots of history to explore, the food it has to be said is very good in both the bar and restaurant and done very well. Unfortunately that's where the positives stop for me. Upon arrival the check in was far from smooth with a mix up over corporate booking and payment. I was given a key and no information about facilities, breakfast times, where to eat and not even where to find my room, I had to ask! There was no offer of a porter to take my luggage or even a suggestion to drive to the rear car park to easily access my room with luggage. The room was comfortable with two double beds and all the usual facilities, toiletries, tea and coffee making items and useful extras such as an ironing board and safe. The main issue with the room was a wifi problem at the time of my stay which meant I could only access the internet in the public areas...not very convenient. On the second day my key card and that of a few colleagues and other guests did not work and meant a return to reception several times, with an apology only after a request for one. Although following my suggestion of a free drink as compensation this was duly agreed. Other customer service issues included gossiping reception staff, an hour wait for food in the Tempo bar with the excuse that "there were lots of checks on" as well as inaccurate billing. I must comment though that the restaurant staff were quick and efficient in the evening, although not terribly friendly. Overall not the experience I was looking for and certainly not the level of service I would expect from a Marriott hotel. There are many simple and effective measures which could enable them to be so much better. Customer effort was certainly too high for me to want to stay again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Clearshell
janeJ6, PA to General Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We were pleased that you that you enjoyed the beautiful setting of the hotel and its history along with the food offering. It was disappointing though that there were service issues and we can only apologise and advise that these will be dealt with as it is never our intention to offer a less that first class service. I do hope we will do better next time.
Mill Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you stay at the Breadsall Priory and don't have the opportunity to enjoy the premises you won't be getting your monies worth. The hotel itself has a very nice aura but unfortunately that doesn't carry over the the rooms. I stayed in a suite where the room decor was outdated, not in a good way.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had stayed here once before, and decided to return for a short "get away from it all" break because of the beautiful location and peaceful atmosphere. The grounds are absolutely beautiful (see pictures), and I enjoyed wandering in the gardens or having a drink on the terrace. Although I don't play golf the two golf courses mean the hotel is surrounded by rolling grassland and trees. There is also a swimming pool and gym which I didn't have time to use on this occasion.

The hotel is easy to reach from the A61 near Derby, and is well placed for exploring Derbyshire, the Peak District, Chatsworth House, etc.

My room was in the "new" part of the hotel, as I think are most, so be aware of this and if you want a room in the old part you need to arrange this when booking. The room was very clean, modern and spacious, and had a lovely view over the golf course, but was quite a long way from the main part of the hotel, down many corridors. Unfortunately some noise seems to carry between rooms; I could hear footsteps of someone in the room overhead walking up and down (maybe ask for a top floor room), and some noise from children in the next room.

The public lounge, bar and restaurant are lovely elegant spaces. I ate in the Priory Restaurant one night and the food was good and the service helpful and polite. Breakfast was good, comprehensive hot and cold breakfast buffet with an egg/omelette chef on hand, good service and nice elegant environment.

In the bar I thought the service could be a bit more helpful. The bar staff don't seem to want to do table service, you have to go up to the bar, and I was asked to sign for each drink immediately, not allowed to open a tab or even to add a drink to my restaurant bill when I was dining there. This seems odd and could be reviewed to make it a bit more welcoming.

Overall a very nice hotel, beautiful grounds, peaceful environment and good facilities.

Room Tip: If you want to be in the old part of the hotel, need to arrange this when booking. In the new wing a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our children treated my husband and I to afternoon tea and I really wish they had saved their money. On arrival we stood at an empty desk for at least ten minutes. Finally a very fed up looking waitress showed us into what I can only describe as a room with tables lacking any ambience or atmosphere, no gentle music playing in the background of a vase of flowers to be seen. We were served tea and coffee and then the 'a l a carte ' afternoon tea was served. And what an unappetising plate it looked too. The sandwiches had obviously just come out of a fridge/chiller as they were very very cold and felt hard. The ham and I use that term lightly was that of the formed plastic variety. The smoked salmon did make up for that though. Now where do I start with the cakes !! The scones were obviously bought from the local supermarket and were like sawdust and the mini chocolate eclair was from pack of frozen ones that can be purchased from any cash and carry. The chunk of ginger cake was stodgy and the slice of chocolate something was too sickly to eat .
The whole thing was not worth £5 a head never mind £12.95 a head.
Afternoon tea should consist of homemade delicate cakes pastries and sandwiches ..
No one came back to ask if we were ok or if we needed any more tea or coffee, as we only got one cup each ! And on leaving we couldn't find any staff to take our money and had to hunt around and eventually found someone in the bar !
Needless to say we will not be recommending or returning there.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ann E
Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory experience. Your detailed comments have been passed on to the relevant departments for actioning as it is never our intention to offer a less than first class service for our guests. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to show that we can do so much better.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morley
The Morley Hayes Hotel
Casa Hotel
Casa Hotel
#1 of 15 in Chesterfield
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,260 reviews

Been to Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!