“Lucky me visited twice in 2 days”

The Morley Hayes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morley
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Visited the rooster bar twice .. 24th and 25th march for lunch with my daughter .. On both days had a lovely lunch and desert .. On the 25th I ordered a apple crumble with ice cream in a brandy basket which I had the day before when it arrived it was with red berries and not Apple but I thought I would try it any way and it was so tasty and even better than the apple !! Thank you morley Hayes keep up the good work see you again soon x

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank angie01332
There are newer reviews for The Morley Hayes Hotel

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed here just for one night after a business meeting and wish I had been staying longer.
Rooms are spotless and have everything you need but at a very high spec. Excellent shower and loved that I could control the temperature in the room.
The beds are amazing, great mattress and duvet and one of the biggest beds ever. Had a great night sleep.
The setting is beautiful and peaceful.
Would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Paula B
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Eight of us went on a sunday driver, dinner bed and breakfast 2 rounds of golf.

Excellent, the weather was kind to us so that helps but the food, hotel accommodation and staff in the golf shop were all really helpful.

Well recommended this was our third visit and we intend returning in the autumn.

Room Tip: We like rooms overlooking the golf course which have a patio or balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BGSSociety123
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel in itself was amazing; everything as it looked on the website and definitely 4* in all aspects, we were visiting to celebrate our anniversary. However, our only complaint was unfortunately the other guests. They appear to host a lot of weddings here and so there was a lot of noise coming from elsewhere in the hotel, we had to complain twice at 2 and 3am. We came to the hotel to escape the drunken noise of people in the city and were let down that we were disturbed by disrespectful guests. I would definitely go back, just perhaps not on a weekend as it was also a struggle to get seated in the Roosters bar restaurant which also seemed over crowded.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SCJow
Andrew A, Owner at The Morley Hayes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for the time in posting a review following your stay here at Morley Hayes. I am sorry to hear that a few wedding guests made excessive noise. We do host many weddings throughout the year and it is very unusual that we experience noise problems. I do apologise for this.
Roosters Bar again is busy at weekends - however we have just started construction of an extension to Roosters which will be completed by mid-summer. This will provide us will extra seating to help at peak times.
I do hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at Morley Hayes with my Daughter & Son on the eve of her wedding which we had at Morley Hayes & we couldn't have wished for better. Everyone was so helpful nothing was too much trouble. Thankyou. The wedding was on 15th March 2014 everything again perfect! well organised ! attention to detail perfect, staff excellent, All the food excellent both days. The wedding meal & Buffet great, bar open until 12.30 am. All in all a perfect stay for a perfect day. We highly recommend & will return for future events. Thankyou so much.
Margaret Brailsford
Mother of the Bride (Samantha)

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Lottielooloo

Dear Margaret

Thank you so much for the glowing review of Morley Hayes following your daughters wedding day.
We are delighted you all had a great day.
Please pass on our best wishes to Samantha and Jamie

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here a few times on business and I have to say I love this hotel and the setting.
I stay in an executive room and it has everything you need, the bathroom is also very good with a very good shower and all the molton brown extras you get.
The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooster restuarant is lively and the food is reasonable and of very good quality.
Will choose this hotel over others in the area to stay on business again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank voakly
Andrew A, Owner at The Morley Hayes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for the glowing review of The Morley Hayes Hotel. It is great to hear you enjoy your stays with us.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Thank you to Laura , George and a waitress I can not name as she did not have a name badge on for all their attention given to us making our champagne breakfast just perfect ! all the other staff was professional , stress free environment and all smartly dressed and attentive and they was just the same with all the other customers which I like .. Thank you Morley Hayes we will be back x

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angie01332
Andrew A, Owner at The Morley Hayes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Angie

On behalf of The Dovecote team I wish to pass on their thanks for posting such a lovely review of your visit for a Champagne breakfast.

The breakfasts have become so popular that we also offer them on Thursdays and Fridays.

We look forward to seeing you next time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morley
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#4 of 29 in Derby
Horsley Lodge
Horsley Lodge
#1 of 1 in Horsley

Been to The Morley Hayes Hotel? Share your experiences!