As a family of four, we stayed for three nights and found this to be an excellent hotel in every respect. Rooms and en-suites are very well appointed and spotless. All the staff we met were first class - even down to a barman who had just appeared on one evening knowing my name. The food both at dinner and at breakfast was delicious and very well presented. The hotel prides itself (justifiably) on its environmental credentials. Its location may be a bit out of the way from the main routes but the diversion is well worth while. We would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland